at Goodwill - NNE in South Portland, Maine, United States
- Health Care
South Portland, ME, USA #3800
South Portland, ME, USA
Starting Rate – $14.00-$15.00!
Seeking caring & compassionate teammates to keep our residents safe! Direct Support Professionals are the lifeblood of Goodwill NNE’s homes. DSPs help adults with disabilities live as independently as possible. That could include helping make meals, driving residents to appointments, personal care, household cleaning, and helping residents pursue their hobbies or work.
We are seeking people who are caring and compassionate, above all else. No experience is needed; Goodwill NNE provides training, including some medical training. Pay raises come with additional Goodwill-provided trainings – these trainings allow DSPs to administer medications and other essential services to residents. DSPs with previous experience and credentials may be hired at a higher wage.
Why Work for Goodwill – Our employees are important to us and we want the best, so we take care of them and their families.
- Medical, Dental, Life and Vision insurance offered
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Paid Short & Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- Paid Holidays
- 30% Employee discount at Goodwill stores in ME, NH & VT
- Exceptional career growth opportunities
- Discount on personal cell phone plans
- Local community discounts
- Caring coworkers/team that support you!
Two full-time positions available!
- Position 1: *Awake Overnights, Fri, Sat., Sun & Mon, 11:00pm thru 7:00am (32 hours)
- Position 2: *Combination of First and Second shifts, various days, Saturdays a must (40 hours)
1) Supports service recipients associated with Goodwill’s Residential and Community Support programs.
- Serves as a model and provides hands-on support and direct teaching in interpersonal skills, financial management skills, personal care and hygiene, activities of daily living, and access to community services and leisure opportunities.
- Moderates verbal or emotional incidents through intervention techniques that preserve the dignity and safety of the service recipient(s).
- Completes all required documentation in accordance with program standards.
2) Represents the Agency in all interactions with other members of the Goodwill community and with the general public, supporting the agency Vision of creating sustainable communities that thrive through the fullest participation of their diverse residents.
3) Furthers th
Goodwill - NNE
South Portland, Maine 04116