at Northern Light Health in Presque Isle, Maine, United States
Northern Light A.R. Gould
Department: Family Practice/Internal Medicine
Position is located: North Street Healthcare Mall
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
The Medical Assistant provides primary clinical support to the provider, patient, and family members involved in the patient’s care. Maintains complete and accurate documentation in the medical record to ensure continuity and quality of care. Promotes a clean and safe environment. Meets qualifications to provide care for patients within the age-specifics ranges cared for in the assigned practice setting. Collects subjective information from the patient, family, or patient representative and performs clinical interventions under the delegation of a physician/ mid-level provider, while reporting to dyad leaders or clinical lead for daily operational issues. Consistently provides the highest level of patient care and supports the needs of the patient, practice, and clinical team; while maximizing patient satisfaction, providing safe and cost effective care, and performing at the highest level of their credential.
• Assists providers in exam procedures, etc. in a professional, safe, and competent manner; maintaining sterile technique when applicable.
• Maintains current clinical competency, knowledge, and skills specific to the population of patients to whom care is administered.
• Demonstrates ongoing professional growth and provides documented evidence of participation in continued educational offerings.
• Collects, reviews and documents patient’s current subjective health status and history. Completes initial Review of Systems consistent with reason for visit/chief complaint.
• Is knowledgeable in the appropriate rooming and preparation of patients to be seen in the practice
• Accurately documents subjective history and complaints, vital signs, and any interventions performed in the medical record according to hospital and practice standards.
• Attains/maintains competency in point of care testing performed within the practice.
• Attains/maintains competency in interventions performed within the practice and performs these interventions according to practice policy/protocol in order to enhance efficiency. May include, but not limited to EKGs, vital signs, PPD planting, phlebotomy, simple wound care and dressing changes, suture and staple removal, r
Northern Light Health
Presque Isle, Maine 04769