at Atlantic Staffing, LLC in Augusta, Maine, United States
Contact Tracer – Enroller
Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention (Maine CDC) is seeking applicants to perform COVID-19 contact tracing.
Maine CDC will hire, train and supervise a team of community contact tracing staff across Maine. The aim is to identify persons in close contact with a COVID-19 case in Maine, contact them, and monitor them for symptoms. This will fortify efforts to control the spread of the disease in Maine, and to allow businesses and other organizations to continue re-opening, following the stages of the Governor’s plan to restart Maine’s economy.
The Enroller (CT-Enroller) will contact (call or email) all identified contacts COVID-19 cases to notify them of their exposure, ask them to self-quarantine, and enroll them in Sara Alert’s web-based system, that will contact them by SMS text, e-mail, or robocall and allow them to self-report symptoms. CT Enrollers will also provide contacts with instructions for quarantine, CT Enrollers are required to follow all scripts, policies and procedures provided by Maine CDC, and comply with Maine CDC training regarding confidential or personal information.
• Call identified contacts of COVID-19 cases and follow a script to inform contacts.
• Communicate with contacts in a professional and empathetic manner.
• Enroll contacts into the Sara Alert contact tracing system.
• Provide contacts with approved information about Maine’s quarantine procedures, and if appropriate, refer them for social support resources.
• Maintain daily contact with supervisor using MS Teams, email, and phone.
• Work can be done remotely with biweekly in person check ins
• Training will be needed at Maine CDC in Augusta, with appropriate physical distancing.
• The ability to communicate professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress
• The ability to show empathy to distressed individuals
• The ability to flex communication styles for multiple cultural environments
• Second language – please indicate on your application
• Experience working directly with people with diverse racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds
• Excellent interpersonal skills, critical thinking, and sound judgement
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills especially over the phone
• Ability to show empathy to people in distress
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress
• Access to a home work environment where privacy of confidential information can be assured while on the phone and when working
• Ability to speak, read, and write English
• Data entry experience
• Bachelor’s degree, or high school degree with significant customer service background
• Proficient with computers; internet access at home
• Experience conducting case management, interviews, or communications with patients or clients by phone strongly preferred
• Health data collection experiences
• Familiarity with medical terminology
• Second or multiple languages or work with translators
• Experience with either primary care or community nursing or social service case work
• Experience with word processing software, email and internet use, and spreadsheets
The State of Maine and Atlantic Staffing is committed to hiring staff. Given racial and ethnic disparities and COVID 19, a diverse team for contact tracing and support is critical to reaching all Maine communities, and we strongly encourage racial and ethnic minorities to apply.