at Lumen in Augusta, Maine, United States
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Strong technical skill level working on complex assignments within the network systems installation and/or maintenance activities. The shifts for this position is overnight staffing which is generally 11pm – 7am Eastern Time or swing shift which is generally 3pm – 11pm Eastern Time. We also are requesting availability on weekends for this role.
The Main Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional customer service by being courteous, timely, knowledgeable, and professional.
- Trouble ticket generation and response; customer interface and escalations.
- Monitor using network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds or vManage to proactively identify service impacting network events.
- Network troubleshooting and fault analysis; hardware troubleshooting and repair.
- Working knowledge or TDM, optical and Ethernet circuit topologies, and testing tools.
- Familiar with the following: Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent and Cisco networking hardware.
- General understanding of Layer 1- 3 LAN & WAN technologies and protocols to include Ethernet, IP, BGP, MPLS, QoS and multicast routing.
- Experience troubleshooting/problem determination skills with the ability to isolate and resolve end-to-end connectivity issues with CPE router and telco circuits, coordinating any required testing or dispatch among site, vendor(s), and telcos/LECs.
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic team environment with changing requirements and competing priorities.
- Contribute ideas, share knowledge, and help others develop.
- Desire to develop skills and knowledge.
- Must be willing to work Shift work 24×7 coverage, weekends & holidays.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- 5+ years in the telecommunications industry.
- Associates degree in the communication or networking fields.
- CCNA certification or equivalent technical knowledge.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 330709
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. More information on what’s included in these checks can be found in the Post Offer section of our FAQ page (https://jobs.lumen.com/global/en/faq) . Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. (https://jobs.lumen.com/global/en/compensation-information) We’re able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here. (https://centurylinkbenefits.com)
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.