at General Dynamics Bath Iron Works in Bath, Maine, United States
Senior/Principal Project Manager, Facilities
Directs, facilitates, and oversees the development and implementation of key capital projects and identifies and implements process improvements as part of these projects. Understands and improves manufacturing processes and integrates them into the key capital projects assigned to optimize the intended savings of these projects. This position combines good project management and construction management.
Project / Construction Management:
- Leads project planning, budget development, ROI analyses and oversees key projects assigned.
- Develops a comprehensive project charter and detailed schedule timeline consistent with the scope, budget, and target completion date.
- Manages associated design consultants, construction contractors, and vendors related to assigned projects.
- Serves as project lead of assigned projects with support from engineers, construction manager, procurement lead, and other key project team members.
- Assumes a leadership role in working with staff to identify and mitigate construction impacts and operational issues, and insure compliance with all safety procedures and policies.
- Actively works with contractors on BIW's behalf in a construction manager role to facilitate execution of improvement projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Project Management or Construction Management.
- An understanding of the principles and practices of managing large integrated projects.
- Understand the basic principles of design and construction of capital projects.
- Competent with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Project or Access and other web-based applications.
- Experience in managing facility improvement projects and/or implementing process improvements within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with New Building Construction, Roadwork and/or Utility work preferred.
- 5-8 years related work experience.
- Project Management Professional Certification preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Project.
- Trained in Lean Six Sigma methods preferred.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex, and often non-recurring, requiring various inputs, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information to internal and external customers.
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to process complex information and evaluate the strategic objectives of the individual project as well as how to correlates to other initiatives.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V