at Camden National Bank in Auburn, Maine, United States
This position is based in Greater Portland and serves multiple banking centers in the Southern Maine region, ranging from Augusta to York. The position is responsible for all in-house general maintenance at these locations. A company vehicle is provided for this role. The ideal candidate will need to be skilled in all trades, work independently and efficiently, have strong people skills, and experience within the corporate environment. The duties of the position require short response time capabilities and on the spot decision making. The ability to provide prompt professional service to the internal customer is a large part of the Facility Department’s effort to provide the best experience to all Camden National Bank (CNB) customers. The Facilities Technician would be required to be part of a 24 hour on call team and act as a work order administrator and a vendor management project manager.
The essential functions are noted below; however, at Camden National responsibilities may evolve over time given organization, technological and/or staffing changes. At any point other duties may be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
1. Performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled troubleshooting, maintenance, modification and repair work in assigned areas related to the CNB and CNC facilities.
- Manage in-house plumbing, building repairs, painting, and service as needed.
2. Coordinates projects related to installation, maintenance and repair work of assigned duties including planning and scheduling of elevator maintenance, people moves, and furniture set-ups.
- Schedule elevator maintenance, backflow testing, and equipment redeployment.
3. Inventories and orders supplies, parts, equipment and materials for projects including lighting, shop work, and determining appropriate quality of materials provided by contract vendors.
- Manage light bulb inventory and recycle program.
4. Flexibility to respond to emergencies and call-outs as required. Coordinates and monitors work of vendors in areas of expertise to effect repairs and ensure the safety of employees and customers. Develops schedules and prioritizes work projects to meet scope and deadlines.
- Handles customer needs efficiently, enthusiastically and courteously. Follows through on commitments to customers and strives to exceed expectations.
5. Maintains records of installation, maintenance and repair orders to track activities ensuring work is documented and completed on time.
6. Maintain records movement and storage. Utilize Track it for work documentation
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Adaptability - Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Two years to five years of similar or related experience in a Facilities position.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities
Experience with electrical systems preferred
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.