IT Support Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bangor, ME 04401
Who We Are
Eurovia USA is a full-service construction company, capable of handling projects of every size and scope. Our list of services includes roadway construction, railway and bridge construction, asphalt manufacturing and paving, sitework and development, and more. Every year, we plan and build hundreds of public and privately funded projects safely, successfully, and with an innovative approach to give our clients the greatest possible value for their investment. Eurovia USA is part of Eurovia and has multiple subsidiaries including Hubbard, Blythe Construction and Eurovia Atlantic Coast.
Eurovia USA is seeking an IT Support Specialist to work as part of the Technology team. In this role, you will act as the primary point of contact for locations assigned to you as well as work across the organization as part of a team. The IT Support Specialist works with internal and external resources to ensure that the systems are operating correctly, staff has the required access, service requests are processed efficiently and that operations have continuous use of the solution. Specifically, you will be responsible for Tier 1-2 support for desktops with Windows operating systems, triage software applications, assist users in the efficient use of applications, and provide clear, concise technical communications to escalate issues to senior leadership or vendors. A thorough knowledge of Windows software, variety of hardware knowledge and good communication and people skills are necessary.
- Create, review and triage support tickets on a timely basis
- Provide end-user desktop support via remote support tools or in person visits
- Install and configure new Windows 10 computers, monitors and printers.
- Assist with system administration tasks, including server upgrades, updates, patches, deployments, architecture review / design and general best practices
- Knowledge or ability to learn about Cisco switches, internet connectivity and Cisco IP phones
- Create clear, concise process and system diagrams and other supporting documentation
- Assist with other projects and tasks as required
- Strong communication skills are required with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Track and generate reports on a monthly basis for outstanding issues
- Coordinate with vendors to execute software and firmware upgrades
- Communicate with users, vendors and IT in a professional manner
- Attend meetings as required and provides regular and accurate status information to project participants/department leadership
- General – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each key duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education, Experience and SkillsMinimum 3 years of technical experience working with hardware/software
Must have experience providing end user support with Windows 10, printers and monitors.
Preferred knowledge of Windows Server, server hardware, domain administration, network troubleshooting, storage, switches, routers, firewalls, access points, video-conferencing, printers, copiers, smartphones, VoIP, LAN, WAN, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, SharePoint, Office 365, antivirus, spyware removal, and backup/restore processes
Microsoft training and related certifications are a plus
Ability to assess customer needs to craft and deliver solutions
Strong interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills
Ability to manage multiple projects and own tasks concurrently
Ability to work flexible/extended hours when requested or participate in an on call schedule
Willingness to share knowledge and help cross-train peers
Able to work both independently and effectively with remote team members as necessary
- Physical Demands The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:Periodic physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work day of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to periodically stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects (40 lbs).
Drive to locations to assist users or deploy systems as needed
- Work Environment The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that will be encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work is performed predominately indoors, although periodic visits to construction sites or asphalt manufacturing facilities may be required.
Noise level in the office work environment is normal.
- Medical & Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Term Life
- Long Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation & Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Plan
- Additional Benefits including wellness coaching, etc..
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.
Blythe Construction, Inc. – Hubbard Construction Company – Northeast Paving – Sunmount Paving – Virginia Paving Company, are hereby referred to as Eurovia USAAccessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at*Blythe Construction, Inc.: Phone: 704-375-8474Hubbard Construction Company*: Phone: 407-645-5500*Eurovia Atlantic Coast, LLC*:Phone: 704-375-8474
Eurovia USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Eurovia USA is committed to providing a fair and equal employment opportunity workplace. All hiring and promotional decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status that is protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic – Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English