Sr. Executive Admin Assistant
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
South Portland, ME 04106
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You’ll work with dynamic colleagues – experts in their fields – who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you’ll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients – who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
The incumbent will be responsible for providing efficient and quality administrative support for the President, Sun Life US. This individual will be a highly effective professional with expertise in providing support to the President of our dynamic, fast-paced organization.
The successful candidate will be a self-confident, pro-active, independent problem-solver with superior organizational skills and a client service orientation. It is fundamental that the candidate shows ability to gather information and interpret its context, as well as capability to juggle multiple responsibilities, while managing conflicting demands.
The role requires the incumbent to be goal-oriented and driven to achieve excellence, to be direct with high empathy for organizational dynamics, and to demonstrate a high regard for confidentiality.
What you will do:
- Manage the President’s short-term and long-term calendar/ schedule based on a practical understanding of the business priorities
- Handle conflicts and prioritize demands
- Ensure adequate preparation for meetings and when necessary provide agendas/pre-reads to meeting participants
- Ensure the leader has agendas/pre-reads in advance of meetings
- Monitor and respond to emails on behalf of the President
- Track action items, requests and other important deadlines
- Thoughtfully manage travel arrangements (both domestic and international), supply accompanying material, ensure complex itineraries are accommodated, ensuring travel preferences are considered, so that arrangements are executed without incident
- Prepare expense reports in a timely manner, resolving all issues
- Build strong relationships with Executive Assistants and other internal partners
- Provide backup for other administrative staff within Sun Life U.S.
What you will need to succeed:
- Dogged resourcefulness and a resolve to get things done
- Calmness under pressure
- Able to deliver when needed in high-pressure situations
- Tenacious prioritization that limits distractions and ensures the President’s focus is on the most pressing and highest priority items
- Willingness to push back and use sound judgement to figure out what warrants attention, what should be delegated and what requests should be denied.
- Impeccable organizational capabilities and strong attention to detail
- Strategic multi-tasking skills, ensuring various priorities are moving forward without sacrificing quality
- An analytical mindset that quickly sums up the situation, gathers the necessary information, asks the right questions and then acts decisively
- Networking prowess to build relationships at all levels across the company to understand the ins and outs of the business and bring that perspective to bear in making decisions
- Ironclad discretion in handling confidential information, navigates sensitive situations with professionalism, diplomacy and tact
- Expert ability to anticipate needs, seeing in advance what is needed and planning accordingly
- Plans ten moves ahead to anticipate issues and address them before they become full-blown problems
- Self-confidence, thick skin and a sense of humor
- Be optimistic and keep things in perspective, ability to roll with the punches, and reset after a challenging day
- Understand the balance of being candid but kind
- Ability to work with minimal direction
- Strong relationship building skills – with internal and external parties
- Very strong skills working virtually and using technology
- Flexibility, able to do some project management and take on other tasks/ projects, as assigned
- Ability to work with a diverse range of people
Required Education and Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in an Executive Assistant role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical savvy with a strong proficiency in collaboration technology
- Expert level skills with Microsoft Office, with an ability to learn enterprise applications quickly
- Strong understanding of travel arrangements, conference services and experience with event planning
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
What is in it for you?
Excellent benefits with generous vacation and sick time, 401K match, noncontributory retirement plan, Paid Family Medical Leave, sabbatical program and much more
Friendly, collaborative and inclusive culture. Our agile work environment allows our employees the flexibility to give and feel their best at work.
It is the policy of SLF U.S. that we will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles, and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered, without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex (including but not limited to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, or other legally protected status, and we will ensure that all employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements
Sun Life Financial is a leading provider of group insurance benefits in the U.S., helping people protect what they love about their lives. More than just a name, Sun Life symbolizes promise of making life brighter – for our customers, partners, and communities. Join our talented, diverse workforce and launch a rewarding career. Visit us at to learn more.
For applicants residing in California, please read our employee .
Posting End Date:
Sun Life Financial is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law. Sun Life Financial is committed to building a diverse and inclusive company culture.
Sun Life Financial is a leading provider of group insurance benefits in the U.S., helping people protect what they love about their lives. More than just a name, Sun Life symbolizes our brand promise of making life brighter – for our customers, partners, and communities. Join our talented, diverse workforce and launch a rewarding career. Visit us at www.sunlife.com/us to learn more.