Project Accountant - Augusta, Maine
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Augusta, ME 04330
TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960’s, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the Energy, Environmental, Oil & Gas, and Infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation. We are currently seeking a full-time Project Accountant professional in our Augusta, Maine office location.
Responsibilities of a Project Accountant:
- Contract management and review.
- Deltek Vision project setup, monthly financial analysis, and on-going revenue recognition.
- Meeting multiple critical deadlines monthly.
- Ensure all billing transactions are completed and accurately recorded in Deltek Vision system.
- Assist in the pursuit of receivables.
- Work with project management team to explain budget profitability variances.
- Producing and analyzing Deltek Vision project reports.
- Provide support in the preparation of month end financial reports to include the review of projects, including providing information and assistance in the preparation of month end financial analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Finance required.
- 2-10 years experience in project accounting role.
- Prior experience in using Deltek Vision software is preferred or similar software.
- Clear understanding of revenue recognition.
- Proficiency in cost and forensic accounting.
- Contractual review/interpretation.
- Organization and the ability to multi-task.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Natural inquisitiveness.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications.
No relocation offered for this opening.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information please visit our website at www.trcsolutions.com.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled