Instrument Technician (Day Shift)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westbrook, ME 04092
As an Instrument Technician you will work in a fast paced, agile and constantly growing environment. Your daily work will consist of performing manufacturing processes, system configuration or troubleshooting and repair tasks supporting a diverse product portfolio of veterinary instruments and supporting technology.
Instrument Solutions is a division within the global supply chain organization that supports our companion animal, livestock / poultry, water and dairy and practice management businesses. We do this by providing high quality instrumentation and services that enable our teams as well as our end customers to improve the health and wellbeing of pets, people and livestock.
In This Role
- There is a great deal of opportunity for growth and clearly defined career ladder.
- As a technician in Instrument solutions you assemble and test, new or modified electrical, electro-mechanical, and mechanical components or assemblies across all IDEXX product lines.
- Strong collaboration with a variety of teams in and outside of the department.
- Assist in the timely creation and implementation of procedures and documentation to support existing and new products and/or equipment for manufacturing and service operations.
- Responsible for the execution and/or implementation of equipment preventative maintenance program as well as troubleshoot, diagnose and repair malfunctioning product.
- Record test procedures and results on PC, utilizing spreadsheet tools to archive numerical and graphical data, and make recommendations for changes in product or test method.
- Perform a variety of manufacturing tasks to assemble, package, and inspect products as needed
What You Will Need to Succeed
- We are seeking a positive, open minded and flexible team player that is excited to be a part of a high performing team.
- Possess strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Your background and skillset include, production / manufacturing or related experience, electromechanical equipment repair, strong troubleshooting and diagnostic acumen, including use of diagnostic equipment and related tooling,
- MS office platforms and other relevant software tools and knowledge.
- Lean manufacturing experience preferred but not required, only the desire to learn and engage in a continuous improvement culture and a “process not person” focus.
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. Every role at IDEXX contributes to enhancing the health and wellbeing of pets, people, and livestock. With over 9,000 global team members, customers in over 175 countries, and a fast-growing industry – we’re always looking for motivated and inspiring people to join us.
We offer competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits. You’ll be part of a double-digit growth company in a quickly growing market and we are leading the way forward with innovative products, services, and a strong focus on our customers.
IDEXX is an EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled Veteran employer