Home Health Aide, PRN
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bangor, ME 04401
I believe that better care begins at home.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that’s what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
A Home Health Aide ( HHA ):
- Provides direct patient care to patient under direction of the RN and according to the Aide Plan of Care (POC).
- Correctly assists the patient with self-administered medications by opening bottle caps for the patient, reading medication labels to the patient, checking the dose being self-administered against the prescribed dose on the container label and observing the patient takes the medication
- Consistently takes accurate temperature, pulse and blood pressure measurements and recognizes and reports abnormal results to supervisor
- Helps patient maintain good personal hygiene by performing or supervising bathing, grooming, skin care, shaving, oral care, nail/foot care and other activities
- Assists in feeding patients. Is able to communicate basic principles of nutrition, observe and record food and fluid intake when necessary. Safely positions patient for meals and feeds or assists in self feeding
- Assists with patient toileting including use of bed pan/urinal, change and position catheter bags and bag change procedures on well-regulated ostomies
- Provides necessary skills to safely assist the patient with patient mobility, exercises, positioning/turning, transfers and ambulation per Plan of Care and Kindred at Home policy
- Provides necessary skills to appropriately report changes and document pertinent information and care rendered to patient to ensure continuity of care. Documents interactions with patients, caregivers, doctors and other staff members appropriately, legibly, thoroughly and in the amount of time allowed
- Practice acceptable infection control principles. Provide a clean, safe and comfortable environment
- Willingly assists with other household duties including light laundry, bed changing and bed making, light meal preparation, light housekeeping and shopping (if no other assistance is available and an MD order is present).
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of Certified Nursing Assistant or Certified Home Health Aide Program within the last 24 months
- Must meet applicable state certification requirements
- Must be in good standing on the HHA Registry (if applicable) and have completed HHA/CNA course to work for a Medicare certified agency.
- At least one year experience in the last 24 months as a Home Health Aide or Certified Nursing Assistant in a hospital, nursing home, home health/hospice agency.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.