RESIDENTIAL REHABILITATION SPECIALIST
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Brewer, ME 04412
RESIDENTIAL REHABILITATION SPECIALIST
Line of Business
Rehab Without Walls NeuroSolutions
Our therapy team executes customized treatment plans that deliver real results and exceed patients’ expectations. If you’re motivated to give our clients a more positive quality of life we encourage you to apply today!
Assists the patient in achieving the individualized treatment plan goals established by the clinical and/or residential team and provides feedback as needed.
- Ensures safety, living comfort, and hygiene needs of patient are met, while fostering independent functioning.
- May provide/arrange for transportation, and escort patient to medical/other appointments, and outings. Keeps staff and family members informed of all scheduled appointments.
- Adheres to/enforce Bill of Rights of patient and reports any violation to management.
- Implements community reintegration activities under the direction of the clinical and/or residential treatment team to assist the patient with a variety of needs in the home and community. Assists the patient in understanding their needs and limitations.
- Observes, documents, and reports changes in the condition of the patient to management and other treatment team members as appropriate.
- Attends case conference and family educational meetings as recommended by the team.
- Maintains the highest standards of professional conduct in relation to information that is confidential in nature. Shares information only when recipient’s right to access is clearly established and sharing of such information is in the best interest of the patient.
- Adheres to and participates in Company’s mandatory Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Actprivacy program/practices and Business Ethics and Compliance programs/practices.
- Maintains and submits documentation in the format and timelines required by the Company, facility, local, state and federal regulations.
- Maintains a professional appearance, is reliable and punctual, cooperative and conducts self according to accepted standards of professional practice in the course of assigned duties.
- Attends, participates in, and/or conducts internal staff development programs, obtains continuing education as required by company policy and regulations.
- Assists team in fostering a safe home environment for the patient.
- Reports any safety concerns, or issues to management immediately.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Meet one of the following training requirements:
- Direct Support Professional
To qualify as a Direct Support Professional, an individual must successfully complete the Direct Support Professional curriculum as adopted by Maine Department of Health and Human Services, or demonstrated proficiency through DHHS’s approved Assessment of Prior Learning, or successfully complete the curriculum from the Maine College of Direct Support within six months of date of hire. The Maine College of Direct Support is accessed on the internet at: http://www.maine.gov/dhhs/oads/disability/ds/cds/index.shtml;
2. Personal Support Specialist
To qualify as a Personal Support Specialist an individual must meet one of the training and examination requirements below. An individual without the required training may be hired and reimbursed for delivering personal care services as long as the individual enrolls in a certified training program within sixty (60) days of hire and completes training and examination requirements within nine months of employment and meets all other requirements. If the individual fails to pass the examination within nine months, reimbursement for his or her services must stop until such time as the training and examination requirements are met. A Personal Support Specialist must hold a valid certificate of training as a personal support specialist/personal care assistant issued as a result of completing the Maine Department of Health and Human Services Department-approved personal support specialist training curriculum and passing the competency-base examination of didactic and demonstrated skills. The training course must include at least 50 hours of formal classroom instruction, demonstration, return demonstration, and examination. Tasks covered under this Section must be covered in the training;
- Be a Certified Brain Injury Specialist or have completed equivalent training, as set forth in Section 18.10-14, within the first 12 months of employment; and
- Be at least 18 years of age; and
- Have graduated from high school or acquired a General Education Diploma; and
- Have completed Reportable Events Training; and
- Have completed a Department approved Behavior Regulations Training; and
- Have an adult protective and child protective record check; and
- Have a background check consistent with 18.10-9; and
- Maintain current status as State of Maine Certified Residential Medication Aide
- Demonstrates effective and professional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Able to work independently and part of a team
- Demonstrates strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Has reliable transportation and is able to travel between residences and office, as needed, during the shift
About our Line of Business
Rehab Without Walls NeuroSolutionsis dedicated to helping brain injury, spinal cord injury and stroke patients in a new way: blending scientifically backed rehab protocols with the patient’s real-life activities. It’s a combination that delivers better results during the recovery journey and into the future.Today, ourrehab servicesare still removing walls, breaking barriers and rebuilding lives. In addition to our groundbreakinghome and community rehab, we’re also providing services inresidential facilitiesandoutpatient clinics.For more information visitwww.rehabwithoutwalls.com. Follow us onFacebookandLinkedIn.Additional Job Information
This is a PRN position in Brewer, Maine!
- DSP or PSS certifications highly preferred
- Experience working with neuro conditions, highly preferred
- Experience caregiving highly preferred
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Res-Care, Inc., dba BrightSpring Health Services (“ResCare”), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.