Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westbrook, ME 04092
The*Human Resources Advisor* will help support our North America Reference Labs portfolio providing guidance to business line manager’s and Supervisor’s on a wide variety of Employee Relations (ER) matters, including general ER consultation and coaching, performance management, corrective action, leave administration, policy interpretation, and investigations. The HR Advisor works in partnership with business leaders, Sr. HR Business Partner(s) and Employee Relations and ensures appropriate escalation occurs based on defined ways of working.
What you need to succeed:
- Strong working knowledge of various employment laws including FMLA, ADA (including the Interactive Process), and other protected leave categories.
- Ability to create trust and build strong relationships with supervisors and employees.
- Great coaching, good judgment, and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to advise/influence managers and employees in conflict situations and on points of disagreement to support win-win outcomes.
- Big picture/critical thinker who can see beyond tactical details and consider second and third order consequences of advice given and actions taken; mitigate risk.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience is required.
- 5-7 years of complex Employee Relations experience is required with an emphasis on effectively handling employee complaints, conducting investigations, and facilitating resolution for complex ADA cases.
- Ability to independently manage a large caseload of day-to-day ER issues, able to prioritize assignments, ask clarifying questions, surface issues, and ensure that work is completed accurately and timely.
- Effective at delivering clear, concise, and accurate written and verbal messages. A great listener that encourages participation.
- Proactive learner with a commitment to professional development/continuing education regarding employment laws, trends, and human resources best practices.
Due to the current pandemic, as it relates to COVID-19, our employees’ safety and well-being are top of mind for us. Currently, our team is working from home full-time and will continue to do so at least through to 2021. This means that we are providing our onboarding, training, and support for our new hires (like yourself) virtually.
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals health and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from disease. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 9,000 talented people.
So, what does that mean for you? We enrich livelihoods of our employees with a positive and respectful work culture that embraces challenges and encourages learning and discovery. At IDEXX, you will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives and benefits while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement. Let’s pursue what matters together!
IDEXX is an EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled Veteran employer