Software Development Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
South Portland, ME 04106
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions. We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
The Software Development Engineerwill be working with a diverse team of developers in a fast paced SAFe Agile framework. We are cloud centric and always exploring modern technologies. The assignments are focused on enhancing transaction processing, integrations, and authorization platform while bringing the new features.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for designing, developing, testing, and deployment of solutions for projects of moderate to significant complexity.
- Collaborates with the team to identify improvements and upgrades that will reduce cost, improve stability, and increase performance.
- Provides production on-call support
- 2-3 years experience with core Java programming (backend)
- Strong skills writing high-performance, multi-threaded, efficient and maintainable software code
- Strong SQL skills and working knowledge of Oracle
- Experience with Hibernate or other ORM tool
- Experience with cloud-based environments (preferably AWS)
- DevOps experience
- Experience in working with highly transactional, e-commerce, or finance related industry
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability