Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04101
WEX, located in Portland, Maine is seeking a Finance Director to successfully oversee the financial needs for its Travel business as part of its Travel & Corporate Solutions Segment. This includes full FP&A oversight of the entire P&L.
This role will initially work from home managing a remote team of 2. Long-term, this role will sit in Portland,Maine.
The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Lead the finance team of (2) dedicated to WEX’s North American Travel business operations. Supporting the team to meet the accuracy and timeliness deadlines as well as compliance requirements (including SOX) of a publicly traded Company.
- Be seen as a member of the senior leadership team for the Travel business and will be responsible for FP&A activities coupled with managing all incentives accounting and operational execution.
- Partner with Operations, Go To Market & Product leadership to install and maintain a financially & data focused set of metrics and decision making processes to ensure that both top and bottom line growth goals can be met.
- Make recommendations for changes to Senior Financial Leadership and implement change. This position will need to gather, interpret and deliver insights that shape financial strategic decision making. This includes operational finance decisions, long-term strategic decisions for the broader organization, and leadership within the day-to-day activities of the business.
- Showcase a detailed understanding of the month-end close process. Leverage prior experience to set improvement and efficiency initiatives in place in order to bring team to a best-in-class operation.
- Oversee day-to-day accounting, month / quarter / year end closes, leading the annual budget process and quarterly forecasting process, the five-year strategic planning process and incentive accounting and payment. Lead and coordinate the annual audit process for the overseen responsibilites and communication with internal and external audit & accounting.
- This role will interface with the Corporate Controller’s organization and the VP, Finance Corporate Payment’s organization to understand and report results.
- Prior industry experience in Technology, FinTech, or Financial Services.
- Extensive experience in US GAAP and a variety of technical accounting matters, including: revenue recognition, accounts receivables, treasury management, etc. This individual should have the ability to develop and implement global accounting policies to ensure compliance with US GAAP.
- Proven success partnering and working within a fast paced, high growth environment where rapid delivery, decision making and clear, transparent communication is key to delivering financial results.
- Proven success working in a variety of financial systems applications, including general ledger, consolidations, financial planning, and other related tools. Assist in the assessment of existing financial systems and the implementation of new systems. Identify process improvement opportunities that can be implemented through automation. Experience with financial modeling is required.
- Self-starter who can positively influence and lead a team without on-site management. They should be viewed as a leader for the business who can support the other executive team members on initiatives.
- Proven experience leading a team on complex financial matters that require a willingness and ability to understand internal technology platforms. This includes the ability to manipulate and analyze large amounts of data and present the information in ways to understand formats.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability