Director, Product Development
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04103
Transforming the future of healthcare isn’t something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.
As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.Here at Change Healthcare, we’re using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life.If you’re ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that’s committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.
Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
Director, Product Development
Overview of Position
The Director, Product Development will be accountable for the development of new product opportunities within the Government Services business unit. This position demonstrates an understanding of synergies across the portfolio of products and how to meet market needs and continue to drive growth by understanding and evaluating enterprise-wide assets to improve our competitive position and drive customer value. The Director, Product Development considers internal and external dynamics when developing recommendations and strategies; critically evaluates information and recommends what should or shouldn’t proceed; and demonstrates systems thinking and can readily identify downstream impacts of decisions and proactively construe alternatives.
The Director, Product Development provides leadership, management, coaching and/or mentoring to others, is an Industry thought leader and practicing subject matter expert. In addition, this role is regularly accountable for the performance of and results through others.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Work with cross functional teams to fill and maintain a consistent funnel of potential products to build and take to market
- Ability to quickly analyze competitive landscape, market size, ROI and revenue of potential products
- Demonstrate understanding of design thinking and lean product development concepts
- Evaluates synergies across the enterprise to maintain a healthy product portfolio that is aligned with the business strategy; Considers partnerships with others for a more comprehensive solution
- Vision is forward thinking and based not only on current data but the interpretation of trends and predictive analyses; Considers portfolio adjacencies and impacts of decisions across portfolio and business
- Directs market insights and competitive analysis; Analyzes competitor business strategy (e.g., how their strategy is evolving, potential acquisitions and/or partnerships, products in the pipeline) and understands potential impact; Reviews analyses and makes decisions as to impact on the product
- Accountable for product performance and quality standards that directly impact financial performance; Evaluates financial analyses, predicts impact of internal and external events on financial performance; assesses risk and decides a course of action; Determines how best to leverage portfolio; Connects financial targets to long-term strategy in portfolio planning
- Leads capital requirement assessment; Anticipates product needs per long term product plans; Accountable for product performance as indicated in capital plan
- Provides leadership, management, coaching and/or mentoring to others; accountable for the performance of and results through others
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 10 years broad and deep product management experience
- 2 years supervising Product Management teams and directing people and other resources to achieve specific end results within limited timeframes
- RCM Managed Service or Tech Enabled Service experience preferred
- Experience working in a matrixed environment preferred
- Design Thinking experience/certification preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
What critical skills are needed for you to consider someone for this position?
- Core Capabilities: Business Insight, Financial Acumen, Ensures Accountability, Decision Quality, Organizational Savvy, Drives Results, Cultivates Innovation, Strategic Mindset, Communicates Effectively, Plans and Aligns, Collaborates, Optimizes Work Processes, Situational Adaptability, Customer Focus, Builds Effective Teams
- Technical Capabilities: Customer and Market Analysis, Commercial Acumen, Data Collection and Analysis, Project Management, UX Design and Product Development Cycle Knowledge, Market Research and Analysis, Product/Services, Management and Development, Strategic Planning, Writing Skills, Verbal Communication
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
- General Office Demands
How much should I expect to travel?
- Up to 20%
- Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org “Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation” as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdfto view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Change Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment at Change Healthcare is based upon your individual merit and qualifications. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, protected veteran status or disability, genetic characteristic, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We will also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.