Senior Process Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westbrook, ME 04092
As a Senior Process Engineer, you will lead problem solving efforts in the manufacture of a portfolio of veterinary diagnostic products in the Animal Healthcare industry. You will work collaboratively and lead cross-functional teams covering a variety of engineering disciplines. The ideal candidate operates with a systemic, integrated and analytical mindset.
Exceeding customer expectations is one of our guiding principles at IDEXX. Our credibility as a company relies on our ability to deliver quality products to our customers on time and with no disruption to their business. IDEXX’s Worldwide Operations Team works to meet this challenge each day with a global network of distribution hubs and a focus on efficiency, regulatory compliance and continuous improvement.
What you can expect in this role
- You will work bothindependentlyand as a member or leaderofproject teams, on projects and activiies toadvance operational performance within designated areas of responsibility.
- A talented, supportive and engaged engineering team will provide the information, training and assistance needed to enable the candidate selected for this role to quicklybecome involved and effective in their new role.
- Continuous improvement is an expectation of the organization. As such, the candidate selectedfor this role will be working on a variety of projects and activities to improve the productivity, quality, cost and cycle time of the products manufactured within the designated area of responsibility.Continous improvement projects encompasses equipment obsolescence and performance improvement upgrades, new equipment procurement and implementation, process improvements, direct material changes, systems upgradesand process controls.
- In addition to your current areas of expertise, you will have the opportunity to learn and grow your skills within a wide variety of disciplines.
- Opportunities for professional development include work experience with a variety of equipment, processes, technologies, systems and controls, experience presenting project proposals and results to a variety of audiences, internal classes and training programs, and tuition assistance for higher education
What you will need to succeed
- ABS in Engineering (chemical, biochemical, mechanical, etc.)
- Experienceusing analytical tools such as JMP, Excel, Minitab, SAS, Tableau, and other software tools.
- Familiarity with, and theability to develop an in-depth knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma principles and techniques.
- Ability to learn and effectively utilize process validation and change management processes..
- An solid understanding of manufacturing process control, and familiarity with a variety of process control systems and methods.
- Ability to understand manufacturing process documentation and perform updates as needed.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret standards (e.g., ISO 9000), specifications, professional journals and technical procedures.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of cross-functional teams.
- Ability to balance process sustaining responsibilities with participation on multiple strategic projects teams, managing priorities appropriately.
- Abilityto plan and lead strategic projects, and work cooperatively with project teams to navigate through obstacles and achieve project objectives.
- Ability to communicate effectivelytotechnical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization, using solid verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to create standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and work instructions which are easily understood by the intended audiences.
- Ability to learn technical aspects of products in area(s) of responsibility.
- Strong problem solving skills, familiarity with the 8D problem solving methodolog, and experience working on techical problem solving teams to identify the root cause of issues,and establish permanent, sustainable solutions.
- Ability to identify improvement opportunities, define success criteria, quantify variables, collect relavent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and implement solutions.
- Knowledge of ISO, GMP, quality audit, safety and environmental requirements.
- General computer skills, with proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project) and other engineering software as required. Some working knowledge of SAP preferred.
- You are a continuous learnerwith a keen intellectual curiosity and an interest in new technologies, systems and methods.
- You are proficient in analyzing test results, assessing probable failure modes and developing and executing appropriate corrective action.
- You have flexibility with requirements and system changes.
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. Every role at IDEXX contributes to enhancing the health and wellbeing of pets, people, and livestock. With over 9,000 global team members, customers in over 175 countries, and a fast-growing industry – we’re always looking for motivated and inspiring people to join us.
We offer competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits. You’ll be part of a double-digit growth company in a quickly growing market and we are leading the way forward with innovative products, services, and a strong focus on our customers.
IDEXX is an EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled Veteran employer