Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bar Harbor, ME 04609
Animal Care and Operations
Full-Time Trainee Warehouse/Operations positions available! No prior experience necessary and training is provided. Starting wage is $15.00/hour!
The Operations Trainee program offers a great career with no experience necessary. We will provide the training you need for a successful career working at The Jackson Laboratory. Working under direct supervision, this position is responsible for participating in the acquisition, sanitation, distribution, and minor maintenance of all equipment and supplies required for operation of animal facilities. In smaller work groups, the incumbent may be responsible for one or more areas of responsibility as outlined below.
Our Animal Care operations in Bar Harbor and Ellsworth, Maine are currently undergoing a massive expansion! NOW is an excellent time to join us!
- Receive excellent pay – $15 per hour starting pay and $15.75 per hour upon completion of initial training!
- Receive regularly scheduled pay increases with the ability to increase your pay 25% in 2 years!
- Take advantage of extensive opportunities for career growth and advancement with the Lab.
- Take advantage of robust educational opportunities including genetics, lab animal science, and leadership courses onsite as well extensive hands on
- Receive tuition reimbursement support for college degrees.
Please speak with your JAX recruiter for more details.
- Operates tunnel washers, bottle washing machines, decapping machines and rack washers
- Sanitizing soiled supplies and equipment into the CSA
- Organizes floor area receiving soiled materials and equipment
- Performs maintenance on pallets
- Complies with all safety procedures and policies
- Quality control all materials and equipment to ensure optimal standards
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to perform physical tasks on a regular basis, including manipulating heavy objects, climbing step ladders, pushing, pulling, and regularly lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Ability to learn sanitation methods to meet criteria needed to maintain the health status and ensure the well-being of mice
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive, team player behavior
The Jackson Laboratory, (JAX, www.jax.org) is a nonprofit biomedical research institute with over 1,800 employees whose mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for human disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health. JAX’s research facility in Bar Harbor, Maine is a National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center and a world-renowned expert in mammalian genetics. JAX also has facilities in Sacramento, California, and The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine in Farmington, Connecticut.
JAX employees work in a collaborative, value-driven and team-based environment where the focus is on advancing science and improving patients’ lives. Researchers apply genetics to increase the understanding of human disease and advance treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders, diabetes, aging and heart disease.
The Jackson Laboratory’s 43-acre scenic campus is nestled between the Gulf of Maine and the mountains of Acadia National Park. Some of the best hiking and biking in the world (over 50 square miles of mountains, lakes, views and dramatic coastline) is accessible from our campus. We are one mile from downtown Bar Harbor, which offers a vibrant downtown district with a plethora of restaurants, shops, museums and galleries.
INTEGRITY – Courage and commitment to do what is right
PEOPLE – Inspiring our people to enhance the health of all
ONE TEAM – Unified by our promise to transform medicine and science
EXCELLENCE – Achieving world-class results
INNOVATION – Leading with discovery and creative solutions
STEWARDSHIP – Caring for and enhancing the resources entrusted to us
What do we have to offer?
JAX offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including a medical plan, outstanding retirement plan, generous paid time off and tuition reimbursement. JAX offers an MBA program, a fitness center with an award winning wellness program, and a fully operational primary care facility available to employees and their families.
Most importantly, every position contributes to JAX’s mission of discovering precise genomic solutions for human disease and empowering the global biomedical community in our shared quest to improve human health.
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.