Hospice On-Call AfterHours Registered Nurse
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bangor, ME 04401
Hospice Weekend Oncall RN | Fri 5p-Mon 8am, Machias area | $5,000.00 Signon Bonus !!
Beacon Hospice, Amedisys
Caregiving is Our Calling
At Amedisys whether we’re caring for patients directly or supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional, clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and families every day.
In hospice, you’ll be a true advocate for patients at the end of life while maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you’re looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do
As an on-call and triage nurse for Amedisys hospice you will respond to telephone requests for assistance and perform home visits for hospice and palliative care patients and families in their home setting after-hours and on weekends.
- Answer and respond to incoming calls, referrals, and requests for assistance, completes admissions into care, and make follow-up visits on patients admitted the day prior; as necessary.
- Communicate significant findings, problems, patient’s needs, reports changes in condition or environment to the physician, clinical manager and other members of the hospice care team and obtains physician orders as required.
- Maintain flow of communication between in-house staff, field staff and other departments, for coordination of activities and services.
- Participate as a member of the interdisciplinary team in patient care conferences.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse. An employee is this role is only able to provide clinical guidance to patients in states in which the employee possesses a current and unencumbered license.
- Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) documents the following: The mutual recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have one license (in his or her state of residency) and to practice in other states (both physical and electronic), subject to each state’s practice law and regulation. Nurses must legally reside in a NLC state to be eligible to have a multi-state license. See list of Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC)
- Minimum of one (1) year of nursing experience required.
- Current CPR certification.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Certified Hospice Palliative Nurse (CHPN)
- Previous hospice or homecare experience
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching Contributions
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.