Tech Leader, Digital Native Segment, Solutions Arc
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04103
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technical managers to coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, customer-facing Solutions Architects. You will help develop the industry’s best cloud-based solutions architects by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present architectures of widely varying size and complexity.
This role will be responsible for a team of Solutions Architects and Customer Success Specialists. As a member of the Americas pre-sales leadership team you will develop and lead programs that enable Solutions Architects and CSMs to deliver the right guidance and technical content to support various workloads including core foundational services such as compute/storage/networking/databases, application services, and management services.
The role is focused on our North America market.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop a deep understanding of customers, products and the builder/buyer’s journey
- Work closely with other departments to build cross-functional cohesion
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to build programs that support sales enablement
- Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects from internal and external sources
- Educate enterprise customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Coach Solutions Architects in the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
- Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
- 5+ years of experience leading and growing teams of senior technology professionals
- 5+ years’ experience design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations, with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Ability to speak in public and in front of an audience is a big plus
- Technical degree required (or equivalent work experience); Computer Science background highly desired
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.