Tyler Detect Security Analyst
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Yarmouth, ME 04096
The SOC analyst will research current attack trends and methodologies, tracking sources of malware and being able to identify how network infrastructure may have been compromised. They will communicate effectively within the team and work cooperatively with the Tyler Detect Lead Analysts, Senior Analysts, Threat Analysts, and Team Managers to ensure the highest quality and timely reporting to the Tyler Detect client base. The Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst position is also responsible for surveilling and responding to real time security event alerts by performing log analysis investigations. This will occasionally involve working off hours shifts.
Primary working hours: 7:00AM – 3:30PM.
Monthly rotating shifts are:
Monday: 7:00AM – 3:30PM, Tuesday – Friday: 11:30AM – 8:00PM
Saturday – Monday: 8:00AM – 8:00PM
Sunday (night) – Thursday (morning): 8:00PM – 6:00AM
Thursday (night) – Sunday (morning): 8:00PM – 8:00AM
- Provide high quality analysis of Tyler Detect clients’ firewall, operating system, web server, and other logs.
- Remain up to date on current information security trends and research techniques in the industry.
- Have excellent time management skills.
- Function effectively in a team environment.
- Have excellent written and verbal skills.
- Provide additional assistance as needed when staffing or workload issues arise.
- Other duties as assigned by Tyler Detect leadership.
- Associate’s degree in technology, information systems, or related field.
- Successful candidate will have IT or Information Security experience.
- Excellent grammar, verbal skills, and communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite.
CompTIA Security+ certification required within one year of hire/promotion.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, information systems, or related field preferred.
- Security+, Network+, CySA+, SSCP, or CEH a plus.
- Technical writing experience.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.