Manager Quality II
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westbrook, ME 04092
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will lead problem solving efforts for a portfolio of veterinary diagnostic products in the Animal Healthcare industry. You will work collaboratively and lead cross-functional teams covering a variety of engineering disciplines. The ideal candidate operates with a systemic, integrated and analytical mindset.
Exceeding customer expectations is one of our guiding principles at IDEXX. Our credibility as a company relies on our ability to deliver quality products to our customers on time and with no disruption to their business. IDEXX’s Worldwide Operations Team works to meet this challenge each day with a global network of distribution hubs and a focus on efficiency, regulatory compliance and continuous improvement.
What you can expect in this role
- You will holistically approach problem solving for products as complete integrated systems.
- Your understanding of system architecture will direct how you utilize resources available.
- You will characterize systems by breaking them down into their component parts and mapping out how each function will work within the overall system to make sure products will operate as intended.
- You will exercise analytical skills and tools to draw insights from large amounts of customer data.
- You will manage overall systems throughout post-launch product life cycle, ensuring each system is functioning to product requirements.
- In addition to your current areas of expertise, you will have the opportunity to learn and grow your skills within a wide variety of disciplines.
What you will need to succeed
- You have a BS in Engineering (systems engineering, biomedical, electromechanical, mechanical, etc.)
- You have experience synthesizing diverse product, scientific, engineering and business requirements into straightforward architectures.
- You are a continuous learner who embraces a growth mindset.
- You possess a good understanding of life and biological sciences.
- You have a successful track record working with cross-functional development teams.
- You are proficient in analyzing test results, assessing probable failure modes and developing and executing appropriate corrective action.
- You have flexibility with requirements and system changes.
- You are skilled at using analytical tools such as JMP, Excel, Minitab, SAS, Tableau, and other software tools.
- Experience with Python coding language is preferred.
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. Every role at IDEXX contributes to enhancing the health and wellbeing of pets, people, and livestock. With over 9,000 global team members, customers in over 175 countries, and a fast-growing industry – we’re always looking for motivated and inspiring people to join us.
We offer competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits. You’ll be part of a double-digit growth company in a quickly growing market and we are leading the way forward with innovative products, services, and a strong focus on our customers.
IDEXX is an EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled Veteran employer