Business Intelligence Analyst
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04103
Transforming the future of healthcare isn’t something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.
As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.Here at Change Healthcare, we’re using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life.If you’re ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that’s committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.
Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
Business Intelligence Analyst
Overview of Position
Aids in the strategic design and maintenance of business intelligence reports and analysis. Develops client-facing reports for new products on a new system while also supporting the existing system. Ensures that the use of intelligence applications enhances business decision capabilities. Must possess strong understanding of internal business segment (stakeholders) and may require presentation skills. Requires experience in relational database structures. Proficient in working with large-scale business data sets, fluent in scripting and rapid prototyping skills including experience in PL/SQL, Machine Learning, AWS, as well as Tableau, Alteryx, Spotfire, etc.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Provide analysis for operations and clients
- Analyze workflow data to find trends in coordination of benefits audits
- Explore raw data to identify savings opportunities. Using PL/SQL Developer and/or another tool, write SQL to fulfill ad hoc requests
- Utilize Access and Excel to examine data, includes using pivot tables, VLOOKUP, and a variety of functions.
- Coordinate report QA and scheduled delivery
- Work with internal contacts to document and develop new analysis as needed
- Script complicated queries for custom situations
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Minimum of 4+ years as a Business Intelligence Analyst
- Strong SQL writing skills, preferably using PL/SQL or Postgres
- Requirements gathering and documentation
- Working knowledge of various reporting tools (Business Objects, SSRS, etc.)
- Working knowledge of data mining tools (AWS. PL/SQL, R, SAS, Alteryx)
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools (Spotfire, Tableau, Qlik)
- Ability to translate between business need and the data required to resolve the need
- Excellent communication and verbal skills
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well organized, flexible and multi-task oriented
- Ability to work independently and within the constructs of a team environment
- Solution driven
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or relevant experience
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Prior Medical / Healthcare or Claims/Payer processing environment a strong plus
- Post Pay Audit experience preferred
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
- General office demands
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org “Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation” as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdfto view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Change Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment at Change Healthcare is based upon your individual merit and qualifications. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, protected veteran status or disability, genetic characteristic, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We will also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.