Receptionist - Part Time
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Scarborough, ME 04074
Human Resource Manager
The Receptionist is the gatekeeper of the organization and is the first point of contact with visitors. This individual performs essential front desk duties including answering phone calls, greeting visitors, coordinating company events, managing office supplies, maintaining office services, and performing ad-hoc administrative duties.
Duties / Responsibilities
Receive visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately.
- Notify company personnel of visitor arrival.
- Monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness.
Answer, screen, and forward phone calls in a polite and friendly manner.
- Operate standard office equipment on a regular basis, including fax machine, copy machine, and computer.
- Coordinate meetings and organize catering.
Take inventory of office and printer supplies; restock as needed.
Order, stock, and maintain supplies in corporate kitchen.
- Manage facilities purchasing; paper towels, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support.
Assist in planning company events, meetings, luncheons, and employee team-building activities.
Water, trim, and feed office plants in reception area, conference room, and hallways.
- Maintain reception area and all common areas in a clean and tidy manner.
Perform other job-related duties as assigned to help DMM achieve its corporate goals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as autonomously.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience.
Normally seated with freedom of movement on a regular basis, operating office machines and handling light materials and supplies.
Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
May spend extended periods operating desktop computer, requiring hand-eye coordination and finger dexterity; communication face-to-face, on the telephone, and in writing.
Periodic physical activity requires walking, climbing, bending, standing, pushing, pulling, lifting, and stooping.
Normal exposure to office, manufacturing, and warehouse environment.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, Direct Mail of Maine, Inc. reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed here) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.
October 2020 1 | Page