Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Yarmouth, ME 04096
The Conversion Developer is responsible for assisting in implementing effective conversions with direction from more experienced technical staff on the team.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot and execute packages to convert client data using stored procedures, functions, and scripts (i.e. SQL, etc.) in a database environment (such as Oracle, SQL Server, etc.).
- Assist development staff, project management, business/implementation analysts and other relevant parties to provide conversion support relevant to experience so that client business rules/requirements are met.
- Design, implement, and maintain new and existing database objects including tables, indexes, constraints, stored procedures, and user-defined functions in support of data conversion utilities and projects.
- Ensure data conversion solutions are appropriate, technically sound and successfully meet client requirements.
- Obtain data conversion specifications from implementation, project manager or another internal technology resource. May occasionally interface with clients directly.
- Perform basic data analysis to identify data patterns and anomalies.
- Troubleshoot conversion logic involving resolving data verification and related issues (i.e. identifying and resolving missing/incorrect data elements; issues involving data balancing, data transporting, data corruption and other data conversion and related issues).
- Maintain issue resolution logs as appropriate.
- Perform basic level data verification and balancing between old and new systems.
- Create and update conversion logic to resolve client issues in test and production environments.
- Understand and implement test scripts and plans, assess results and identify effective data conversion solutions.
- Perform database administration activities (i.e. backup, restore, DBCC commands, indexing, shrink, etc.).
- May install converted data at the client site.
- Engage in query performance tuning.
- Support on-site Implementation as needed.
- Manage workload to meet strict deadlines and communicates status regularly to team.
- Maintain, and document conversion programs and processes.
- May occasionally travel to client sites.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Understanding of full life cycle development preferred.
- Ability to work well within deadline-oriented development structure.
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team environment.
- Adequate technical abilities and desire to learn new things.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrable problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication skill, teamwork and customer service skills.
- Programming knowledge requirements – SQL or related technology:
- Create databases using T-SQL or SQL Management Studio 2005 and/or 2008
- Create stored procedures
- Create SQL database backups
- Perform SQL database restores
- Use aggregate functions in SQL
- Create simple queries using T-SQL
- Develop, maintain, and trouble-shoot conversion packages using SQL Server Business
- Intelligence Design Studio
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.