I & M Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04103
Classification: Non-Exempt / Non-Bargaining
The responsibilities of Installation and Maintenance Technician include, but are not limited to, Installation and diagnostic maintenance of premise cabling and associated end-point IP devices. Learning additional skills pertaining to Cabling & Infrastructure enhancements will be expected with a combination of on the job training, CBT courses and classroom instruction. Working with customers, deriving program needs and design solutions and implementing those solutions is an important responsibility of this position.
Performs job duties consistent within safety, legal, and regulatory requirements; company standards, culture and business practices. Acts with the highest level of business and personal ethical standards in all aspects of job performance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform installation, and maintenance of any structured cabling system using the latest, most innovative components in the industry:
- Install CAT3, CAT5, CAT5e, CAT6, CAT6a, coax cable
- Install and terminate fiber optic cable for both single and multimode fiber
- Install data racks, cabinets and runway for data rooms, wiring closets, IDF, MDF, APC
- Install Grounding, bonding, and lightning protection solutions
- Test all new cabling infrastructure in accordance with TIA/EIA standards
- Provide certified test results with proof of as-built documentation
- Install and integrate of overhead paging systems
- Install battery backup systems
- Install IP end-points for VoIP and Wi-Fi solutions, document MAC information as needed
- Assist with disaster recovery for our customers.
Contributes to departmental activities and programs by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to learn additional skills pertaining to Cabling & Infrastructure enhancements
- Ability to obtain Hubbell, Valcom and Bogen technical certifications
Required Education & Experience:
- Working technical knowledge and ability to troubleshoot structured cabling system
- Proven problem-solving abilities
- Strong communication skills.
- High School Diploma combined with at least five years of structured cabling implementation
- Cabling or termination hardware manufacturers’ training and certifications (Hubbell, Valcom and Bogen technical certifications)
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, and the work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, familial status, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Consolidated Communications Enterprise Services, Inc. is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.