Production Technician, 1st or 2nd Shift
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wiscasset, ME 04578
$500 sign-on bonus
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
Mlnlycke, a world-leading medical solutions company, is looking for a Production Technician to play a critical role in our Specialty Wound Care manufacturing team in Wiscasset, Maine.
Duties will include the manufacturing of Fluidized Positioners from raw material to finished goods. Your goal: to support the efficient manufacturing and packaging of specialty wound care products based on production orders and in compliance with safety and quality standards.
What you should know
- Entry-level position, comprehensive training provided
- 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday, 1st & 2nd shifts available: 6am-2pm or 2pm-10pm
- Multiple Temp assignments immediately available with opportunities for temp-to-hire
- Pay is $16/hour
- Eligible for $500 sign-on bonus ($100 paid after one full week of work; $400 paid after six weeks of work; must be currently working for us at the time of payment).
- This position is non-exempt (qualifies for overtime pay).
- The ability to wear a respirator is required.
- Must be able to lift & carry up to 50lbs and work in standing positions for extended periods (8+ hours with breaks).
- Health screening, background check, and at least 2 professional references required
- Follow good cleanliness and hygiene practices before, during, and after production processing in compliance with Environmental Health and Safety guidelines. Properly clean equipment and production areas.
- Notify the Team Lead or Supervisor with appropriate urgency when quality, equipment, or safety issues occur.
- Follow Mlnlycke’s Global Quality Policy – share ownership and maintain the effectiveness of our Quality Management System. Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), including Good Documentation, in compliance with local and global regulations and quality guidelines.
- Contribute to the efficient and safe manufacturing of SWC products from raw material to finished goods. Prepare and inspect materials and equipment and effectively monitor and operate automated production equipment.
- Participate and contribute through a Manufacturing Excellence mindset while practicing world-class principles across all business areas to reduce waste and improve core processes.
- Participate in the design of an Individual Development Plan and complete agreed-upon learning programs according to plan.
- All employees are accountable for behaving in line with Mlnlycke core values and behavioral standards.
- Perform various duties as assigned by the manager.
Education and experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Understanding and practical experience with basic hand tools required.
- Good reading comprehension skills and an ability to follow written work instructions and standard procedures are critical.
- The capacity to learn and follow production processes and proper use of equipment and machinery is a must.
- Prior work in a manufacturing/processing environment and/or basic familiarity with process equipment is preferred.
- Knowledge of or history working within GMP, ISO 9000, ISO 13485 quality assurance systems is a plus.
Molnlycke offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees including health insurance, dental insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, medical and dependent care reimbursement accounts, education assistance, wellness incentives, 401(K) Plan with company match, profit sharing contribution, discretionary annual bonus, holidays and PTO program.
Mlnlycke is a world-leading medical solutions company. We design and supply solutions to enhance performance at every point of care – from the hospital to the home. We specialize in:
- Wound management: including dressings such as Mepilex and Mepitel
- Preventing pressure ulcers: with Mepilex Border used prophylactically and devices to help turn and re-position patients
- Surgical solutions: including Mlnlycke trays, HiBi antiseptics, and Biogel surgical gloves
Mlnlycke was founded in 1849. Nowadays our solutions are available in around 100 countries; we’re the number one global provider of advanced wound care and single-use surgical products; and we’re Europe’s largest provider of customized trays. Our headquarters are in Gothenburg, Sweden and we have about 7,500 employees around the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
It is the policy of Molnlycke Health Care, in accordance with all applicable laws, to recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, national origin, genetic information, religious beliefs, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected classifications, activities, or conditions as required by federal, state and local laws.