Senior Software Developer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westbrook, ME 04092
As a Senior Application Developer, you will work closely with your project team to define application requirements, assess available technologies, and develop and present solutions. You will update, maintain, and provide support for existing systems.
The Telemedicine R&D team develops and maintains the applications that are essential to the IDEXX Telemedicine business. IDEXX Telemedicine provides veterinarians tools and services to help them connect and collaborate with board certified radiologists and cardiologists to provide the best in patient care.
In This Role
Together with a cutting-edge product development team, you are responsible for technical design, code, and tests based on requirements developed by you and product owners.
You will develop program designs to meet functional specifications, ensuring that the design integrates with other related systems and these systems will operate efficiently and reliably.
You are at the point in your career where you want to drive technical solutions, provide the technical direction, and influence team direction; or ready to lead and mentor a small team over a period of time.
What You Will Need to Succeed
- You have a technology background and experience with the latest development technologies.
- You appreciate what it means to be a professional software engineer and play your part in seeing a product go live, to maintain and enhance, and to estimate and track the time required to complete work.
- You appreciate working with a team of talented software and testing engineers, and know how to both help and ask for help when needed – collaboration is key!
- You are disciplined and a self-starter by nature, with a high degree of reliability and attention to time and detail.
- To get things done, you know when to go the extra mile and how to prioritize.
- People around you call you a natural networker, good communicator and someone with genuine interests in new technologies.
- You learn quickly, have patience, and you have the ability to break down complex concepts in an accessible way.
- You have hands on experience with the following:React
SQL / SQL Server Technology
Bonus if you have experience with any of the following:
- EC2, S3, RDS, CloudFormation, Lambda
- Exposure to Microservices in general
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. Every role at IDEXX contributes to enhancing the health and wellbeing of pets, people, and livestock. With over 9,000 global team members, customers in over 175 countries, and a fast-growing industry – we’re always looking for motivated and inspiring people to join us.
We offer competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits. You’ll be part of a double-digit growth company in a quickly growing market and we are leading the way forward with innovative products, services, and a strong focus on our customers.
IDEXX is an EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled Veteran employer