Part-time Meat Market/Seafood Sales Associate - Hannaford
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Falmouth, ME 04105
Part-time Meat Market/Seafood Sales Associate – Hannaford
Full/Part Time Status
65 Gray Road
Job title: Part-time Meat Market/Seafood Sales Associate
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provide outstanding customer service. Communicate with and assist customers in selection of product.
2. Identify, wrap, price, and weigh all meat department items in accordance with specified procedures outlined by standard practice.
3. Cut, filet and display seafood. Process merchandise properly, paying careful attention to rotation of products according to prescribed standards.
4. Stock the fresh, frozen, and self-service cases using proper rotation procedures.
5. Perform assigned tasks such as replenishing merchandise, preparation of food products or setting up displays etc.
6. Assist meat cutters by scraping and traying products, cubing steaks, and grinding ground meats.
7. Receive any meat/seafood delivery, code, rotate, and put in appropriate storage area.
8. Wash, rinse and sanitize all cases, wrap stations/area, scaling equipment, cooler, cutting room, including disassembling and re-assembling equipment therein.
9. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Comply with all company policies, procedures, and government regulations.
2. Meet all applicable productivity guidelines.
3. Treat all co-workers with fairness, dignity, and respect.
4. Develop product knowledge in all areas of the meat/seafood department including cooking procedures.
5. Assist in special projects and perform other functions as assigned by supervisor.
6. Assist in training of other associates when assigned.
7. Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times; comply with company personal appearance policy.
8. Maintain solid communication in the department and throughout the organization.
9. Support company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards.
10. Observe and maintain company sanitation and food safety standards.
11. Maintain the quality of department’s appearance and presentation.
12. Perform all other duties as assigned.
-Effective communication, customer service, and selling skills.
-Effective interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team environment.
-Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
-Must meet minimum age requirements. 18 years old and up
1. Lift cases weighing 50lb. frequently and 100 lb. on occasion.
2. Meet established volume activity standards.
3. Stand or walk 100% of the time while working in temperatures of 45 degrees F the majority of the time.
4. Perform repetitive grasping, twisting, reaching, bending, and hand/arm motions as the product is identified, wrapped, priced and weighed.
5. Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials and meat/seafood products.
6. Use hands continuously to feel objects, and use tools and equipment to cut and prepare meat and seafood products.