Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04102
Our Portland, ME Dairy Manufacturing Plant is looking for a new team member in our Production Department.
Schedule will vary as this is a Utility Vacation Relief Operator
- Please note that our operation continues on holidays and may require overtime.
The ideal candidate will be flexible and reliable.
The primary responsibility of this position is to safely and efficiently package quality products in a manner that is consistent with HP Hood LLC standards.
- Perform all tasks and functions related to operating and cleaning filling equipment, operation of CIP Systems, HTST’s and receiving of raw materials.
- Operate and clean multiple high speed filling machines, CIP Systems and HTST equipment in a sanitary, efficient, and effective manner.
- Complete paperwork as per government regulations and HP Hood requirements.
- Safely operate all assigned equipment following JHA requirements.
- Consistently meet production quotas.
- Comply with all policies and guidelines outlined for production and sanitation processes.
- Participate in cross-training efforts to maximize departmental efficiency.
- Maintain weights, codes, packaging, temperature levels and sanitizing to ensure quality products.
- Work in a cooperative manner with managers, supervisors and peers.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
- Must be able to adapt to changing production schedules as necessary.
- Execute assigned duties with minimal supervision.
- Available for required overtime to support business needs and/or critical situations.
- Perform assigned duties satisfactorily and in a timely manner.
- Perform assigned duties following "Good Manufacturing Practices.”
- Actively participate in special teams representing the production department.
- Maintain a clean & safe work environment.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Hours of work and days off could change anytime within the 7-day workweek cycle based on production needs
Production Worker – Utility Vacation Relief Job Description (continued)
Education and Experience
® High School Diploma or GED equivalent
® Reading & writing proficiency (English language) and ability to identify colors.
® Basic math skills.
® Ability to work well as part of a team.
® Good communication skills.
® Multi-tasked individual.
® Ability to work independently with little supervision.
N – Never
O – Occasional 1 – 33% of time
F – Frequent 34 – 66% of time
C – Constant 67 – 100% of time
® Ability to move at a quick pace. Frequently
® Standing: Long periods (up to 8 hours).
® Sitting: Rarely.
® Walking: Frequently.
® Bending, Twisting & Stretching: Occasional.
® Lifting: Heavy (up to 50 lbs): Occasional.
® Climbing: Ladders to make connections and add packaging materials*. Occasional.*
® Pushing/Pulling: moving pallets of paper up to 200 lbs. Stock packaging materials: Occasional.
® Environment: Wet and dry, temperature variations from 50 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit. Floors are wet and occasionally slippery due to product spills and cleaning process (slip resistant footwear is required). Constant
® Use of chemicals: Occasional.
® Noise: Moderate to heavy (hearing protection is required). Constant.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or © consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35©
HP HOOD LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER FEMALE/MINORITY/VETERAN/DISABLED
“VEVRAA FEDERAL CONTRACTOR”