RN Case Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
South Portland, ME 04106
Hospice RN Case Manager
Beacon Hospice, Amedisys
Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we are caring for patients directly or supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional, clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and families every day.
In hospice, you will be a true advocate for patients at the end of life while maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you are looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and purse your goals for the future join our team.
What You Will Do:
As a hospice case manager for Amedisys, you will have a special opportunity to provide, coordinate and direct the provision of hospice nursing and palliative care to terminally ill patients in their home. You will closely collaborate with the attending physician, patients and their families, and other members of the patient care team to provide and maintain continuity of patient care to achieve excellent pain and symptom management and high quality end-of-life care for the patient.
- Assess and reassess all physical, environmental and emotional factors to determine hospice needs for patients in the home setting
- Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and IDT to meet the emotional needs of the patient/family/caregiver.
- Utilize a combination of agency resources and nationally recognized standards of practice to achieve excellent pain and symptom management and high quality end-of-life care.
- Coordinate the total Plan of Care and maintains continuity of patient care by liaising with appropriate staff and the physician.
- Actively participates in Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) conferences.
- Provide supervision and evaluation of aides and nurses.
- Attend funerals/calling hours when appropriate as assigned by the bereavement coordinator.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the Company.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a registered nurse
- Current CPR certification
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation and agency required liability insurance to complete home visits
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Previous home health or hospice experience
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse (CHPN)
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching Contributions
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.