Project Coordinator - Power Delivery
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Scarborough, ME 04074
The Project Coordinator (PC) manages non-complex projects and proposals for the Power Delivery, Field Services, Construction Management and System Studies practices in the Energy Sector. The PC may also be assigned to assist a Project Manager (PM) in the coordination of more complex projects and proposals in the Energy Sector. The PC manages assigned projects from the proposal stage through project completion. The PC will ensure appropriate resources are assigned to the project and manage resources through the completion and issue of client deliverables on time and on budget as dictated by project scope and schedule. The PC is responsible for managing project budget and schedule via the change management process and keeping the project accounting system current with project contract value and estimate at completion values. The Project Coordinator will maintain a high degree of external and internal customer service via clear and timely communication and project reporting.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Project Coordinator is responsible to lead small project teams in successful execution of non-complex projects, acting as primary project advocate and point of communication.
- Project Coordinator is responsible to assist Project Mangers in successful execution of complex projects, acting as primary support to the PM in the execution of project management deliverables.
- Project proposal development for non-complex project and support of the PMs in complex project proposal development including:Ensure a clear understanding by all disciplines of project scope and terms
Facilitate the proposal development including, project execution plan, estimation, compilation and on time delivery ensuring all requirements are met
Facilitate a legal review by TRC Legal Staff prior to contract signing
- Project resource management including ensuring adequate resources are assigned to the project, monitoring and reporting of man-hours against budget, minor subcontractor management and procurement.
- Project financial managementEnsure the project’s budgeted costs and profits are met or improved
Ensure timely and comprehensive change order management
Facilitate efficient project billing, working within company’s accounting practices
- Understand the requirements of Power Delivery Quality Control Program and ensure appropriate time, resources and schedule milestones are included in project planning and adherence during project execution.
- Project schedule management including the development and upkeep of simple project schedules
- Project administration including the proper capture and filing off all project documentation including, contracts documents, invoices, meeting minutes, project reports and communications.
- Effectively communicate to the client, project team and TRC management including timely accurate internal and external reporting, executing effective efficient project meetings and ensuring communication between all project disciplines.
- Project safety, demonstrating safety is a priority via safety leadership, adherence to TRC and client safety policies.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering, Business or Construction Management from an accredited school or University is required
Experience: no experience required however 2 years’ experience as a Project Coordinator is preferred
Demonstrated communication skills to deal with internal/external clients.
Strong attention to detail to quality control the projects and submit required deliverables.
Experience with appropriate software tools (Microsoft Office, MS Project).
Knowledge of, and experience with: Project Management, Project Controls, or Construction Management
Augusta, ME – Western Avenue – AUG
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled