Project Manager - Power Delivery
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Scarborough, ME 04074
Power Delivery, Field Services, Construction Management and System Studies practices in the Energy Sector. The PM may also be assigned to the roll of assistant PM to assist a Sr. Project Manager (Sr. PM) in the coordination large high-risk complex projects and proposals including EPC in the Energy Sector. The PM manages assigned projects from the proposal stage through project completion. The PM will ensure appropriate resources are assigned to the project and manage resources through the completion and issue of client deliverables on time and on budget as dictated by project scope and schedule. The PM is responsible for managing project budget and schedule via the change management process and keeping the project accounting system current with project contract value and estimate at completion values. May be required to direct the activities of an Associate Project Manager or Project Coordinator. The Project Manager will maintain a high degree of external and internal customer service via clear and timely communication and project reporting.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Project Manager is responsible to lead project teams in successful execution of projects of complexity, acting as primary project advocate and point of communication.
- Project Manager is responsible to assist Sr. Project Mangers acting as the Assistant Project Manager in successful execution of large complex projects and programs when so assigned, acting as primary support to the Sr.PM in the execution of project management deliverables.
- Project proposal development for projects of complexity including:Ensure a clear understanding by all disciplines of project scope and terms
Facilitate the proposal development including, project execution plan, estimation, compilation and on time delivery ensuring all requirements are met
Facilitate a legal review by TRC Legal Staff prior to contract signing
Facilitating quotes for subcontracted service and material procurement
Compiling project risks and effectively evaluating probability, impact and planning for mitigation and contingency
- Project resource management including ensuring adequate resources are assigned to the project, monitoring and reporting of man-hours against budget, subcontractor management and procurement execution and tracking. Ability to manage multiple remote resources and coordinate activities across multiple offices
- Project financial managementEnsure the project’s budgeted costs and profits are met or improved. Ability to strategize and implement methodology to increase project margins
Ensure timely and comprehensive change order management
Establishment of and maintenance of project cash flows
Facilitate efficient project billing, working within company’s accounting practices
Able to implement earned value tracking and reporting
- Project schedule management including the development and upkeep of project schedules for projects of complexity. Ability to understand and schedule project construction including sequencing of critical milestones.
- Understand the requirements of Power Delivery Quality Control Program and ensure appropriate time, resources and schedule milestones are included in project planning and adherence during project execution.
- Project administration including the proper capture and filing off all project documentation including, contracts documents, invoices, meeting minutes, project reports and communications
- Effectively communicate to the client, project team and TRC management including timely accurate internal and external reporting, executing effective efficient project meetings and ensuring communication between all project disciplines.
- Project safety, demonstrating safety is a priority via safety leadership, adherence to TRC and client safety policies.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering, Business or Construction Management from an accredited school or University is required. Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) is desired
Experience: A minimum of 5 years related experience is required, 8 is years is preferred
Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills to deal with internal/external clients.
Strong attention to detail to quality control the projects and submit required deliverables.
Experience with appropriate software tools (Microsoft Office, MS Project).
Demonstrated experience managing successful projects of complexity
Knowledge of, and experience with: Project Management, Project Controls, and Construction Management
TRC Companies is is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
Augusta, ME – Western Avenue – AUG
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled