R&D Manager, Bioprocess Development
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westbrook, ME 04092
The R&D Assay Development team is looking for an R&D Manager to join a highly talented team of experienced scientists at the BS/MS and PhD levels with the goal of leading the development and process transfer of biologics for diagnostic testing applications.The successful applicant will be capable of connecting customer product requirements with material specifications and manufacturing goals.
We are looking for an engaging leader who brings strong business acumen, technical depth, and curiosity; someone who seeks to understand challenges and pulls in the right resources to overcome them. The ideal candidate will thrive on integrating and influencing cross-functional teams and will bring a creative, collaborative approach to solving technical problems.
What you can expect:
- Independently lead biologics development and characterization activities for one or more molecules in development.
- Provide oversight of process development activities at external manufacturing organizations and integrate with in-house development activities.
- Assist in defining and executing overall biologics development strategy to enable accelerated development timelines and coupling this work to downstream bioconjugation and surface chemistry process development.
- Appropriately apply in-depth physical/chemical characterization of complex biologics to build understanding of critical to quality attributes (CQAs).
- Use of DoE to guide design of statistically rigorous experiments.
- Management of an advanced suite of production and analytical tools including identification and implementation of new methods and technologies.
- Discussion and presentation of results to small teams as well as larger departmental and company audiences.
- Stays current withscientific and technologicaldevelopments.
- Strategic leadership is an essential element of this role.
What you need to succeed:
- PhD in scientific or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Background in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Bioprocess Engineering or Chemistry.
- 2+ years of experience directly managing employees or teams preferred (interns, students, direct reports, team lead, etc).
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional project teams as well as identify and nurture relationships with outside collaborators.
- Demonstrated ability to critically evaluate, interpret, and communicate diverse technology.
- Specific expertise in protein chemistry, bioconjugate chemistry, or surface chemistry.
- Expertise in application of modern bioanalytical techniques such as SPR, cIEF, Mass spectrometry is desirable.
- Demonstrated readiness to manage scientific teams including individual and team professional development is preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with various modes of chromatography and advanced laboratory measurement. systems are desired (FPLC, HPLC, CE, DLS, FT-IR).
- Experience in information management, LIMS systems/databases, and GLP/GMP environments are a plus.
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals healthy and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from disease. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 9,000 talented people.
So, what does that mean for you? We enrich the livelihoods of our employees with a positive and respectful work culture that embraces challenges and encourages learning and discovery. At IDEXX, you will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement.
Let’s pursue what matters together.
IDEXX is an EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled Veteran employer