Line Cook - Alfond Center for Health, 40hr/week
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Augusta, ME 04332
Line Cook – Alfond Center for Health, 40hr/week
Variable shifts, every other weekend
Food & Nutrition
35 Medical Center Parkway
Augusta, Maine, 04330
Are you an experienced cook with a passion for cooking high quality food in a state of the art kitchen? At MaineGeneral Health we pride ourselves in using responsibly sourced foods and incorporating as many local foods into our menu program as we can. We spend approximately 20% of our food budget on locally sourced foods for our patients, employees and guests. We have a strong focus on community involvement and are motivated on improving food insecurity in the Central Maine area. We have an excellent reputation for our patient food and our award winning cafeteria was featured in Downeast Magazine as a “Best Unexpected Lunch Spot” in 2015.
We are looking for an Experienced, Motivated, and Energetic Individual to join our awesome team of cooks. If this sounds like you, we invite you to apply for immediate consideration!
• Retirement plans with employer match
• Competitive benefit package including Health, Dental, and Disability options
• Generous earned time program & shift differentials, E/O Weekend and Holiday Rotations
• Responsible for the preparation and service of meals to patients, visitors, staff and other customers of the health system.
• Cooks provide leadership to Food Service Assistants.
• Follows and guarantees compliance with HACCP standards and procedures.
• Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
• Works to achieve superior patient and customer satisfaction with Food Services in terms of quality, taste, temperature, preparation and presentation.
• Supports the department’s mission to provide superior food and nutrition services.
• Meets/exceeds patient/customer satisfaction targets.
• Assumes responsibility for food/product cost management and achieves/exceeds departmental financial budget goals.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic, are encouraged to apply.