Process Engineer Technical Operations
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westbrook, ME 04092
IDEXX is growing rapidly and we are looking to bring on a Process Engineer in Technical Operations. In this position, you will perform a variety of scientific activities to support the maintenance, improvement and understanding of our products and reagent production processes.You will be part of a technically-focused team, defining technical solutions, consistently exercising discretion and judgment. You will execute experiments at the laboratory bench to make informed decisions or recommendations. You will have the opportunity to use your advanced knowledge to analyze, interpret or make deductions from varying facts or circumstances.
What you will be doing:
- Prepares materials, performs and designs experiments, gathers data, carries out analysis and reaches conclusions.
- Documents experiments and other lab or production activities. Prepares reports and summaries. Presents results and conclusions.
- Supports continuous improvement activities to meet cost, quality and schedule goals.
- Develops methods for handling and processing of materials to comply with design, manufacturing and safety requirements.
- Resolves manufacturing problems. Performs on-going problem solving and process refinement in collaboration with internal personnel and suppliers.
- Recommends and justifies equipment/tools used for processing and manages implementation to meet cost, quality and schedule goals. Utilizes appropriate levels of verification and validation when qualifying and implementing new tools or processes.
- Develops specifications associated with process output and determine test methods for specification compliance.
- Works with product development teams to provide support and services in areas of functional and skill expertise. Learns and becomes expert on the technical aspects of the product(s) in area(s) of responsibility. Coordinates with other functional areas to plan and implement work and exchange information and ensure efficient processes. Coordinates with outside vendors and suppliers as needed.
- Utilizes Lean, Six Sigma and other quality and reliability improvement techniques in ongoing work and participates in related projects.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or engineering field required. Two or more years of related work experience highly desired.
- Specific technical skills related to the applicable scientific specialty.
- Problem solving ability associated with product development, manufacturing or other technical issues. Ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and implement solutions. Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Familiarity with and ability to learn Lean and Six Sigma principles and techniques.
- Laboratory bench and instrumentation skills. Experience with FPLC, HPLC, column chromatography and bioconjugation highly desired.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate to technical and non-technical personnel verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a team.
- Takes initiative and is accountable (shows ownership); focuses on task at hand; detail oriented.
This position will be based out of our Westbrook location, 50% of your time will be onsite and 50% will be virtual. Due to the current pandemic, as it relates to COVID-19, our employees’ safety and well-being are top of mind for us. For those essential employees that must continue to work on-site, we have strengthened the preventative health measures already in place with new, more stringent actions. This includes but is not limited to making space for social distancing, use of mask/PPE, sanitize workstations, daily wellness checks, limited traffic flow by zones, and consistent real-time communication.
- Laboratory setting with varying levels of noise and exposure to various potential chemical and biological hazards.
- Compliance with approved laboratory practices is required.
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals healthy and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from disease. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 9,000 talented people.
So, what does that mean for you? We enrich the livelihoods of our employees with a positive and respectful work culture that embraces challenges and encourages learning and discovery. At IDEXX, you will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement.
Let’s pursue what matters together.
IDEXX is an EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled Veteran employer