Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westbrook, ME 04092
As a Production Supervisor, you will coordinate, deploy and lead a diverse team of operators and leads to meet daily quality and production goals across the portfolio of diagnostic products in the veterinary, dairy and water quality industries. This is an opportunity to drive results through direct leadership and cross-functional teamwork across multiple lines of business.
Exceeding customer expectations is one of our guiding principles at IDEXX. Our credibility as a company relies on our ability to deliver quality products to our customers on time and with no disruption to their business. IDEXX’s Worldwide Operations Team works to meet this challenge each day with a global network of distribution hubs and a focus on efficiency, regulatory compliance and continuous improvement.
Required Hours: 2nd shift (3:00pm – 10:45pm) Monday – Friday
What you can expect in this role
You will supervise multiple production lines to achieve and maintain the highest quality standards, product availability and production output. In this role, you are expected to:
- You will ensure that production goals are met through effective staffing assignments across multiple production lines.
- You will partner with cross-functional teams including Supply Chain, Quality Control and Engineering Technical staff to ensure product quality and availability.
- You will maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- You will manage staff, assign work, monitor activities, evaluate performance and manage critical issues.
- You will create procedures and documentation to support process changes, new products, and new equipment.
- You will identify and recommend measures to improve operator training and development, production methods, equipment performance, and product quality.
- You will create and present quality and production reports for management peers and superiors.
- You will lead functional teams to drive quality and productivity improvements.
What you will need to succeed
- You possess a High School diploma and anequivalent combination of furthereducation, training and leadershipexperience.
- You have professional and positive verbal and written communication skills.
- You possess the ability and desire to lead, direct and delegate a diverse production team.
- You have proven effectiveness of teaching and coaching others.
- Your leadership ability to build team engagement and employee trust results in achieve common goals.
- Your strong computer skills include experience using SAP (or a similar inventory management system) and proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- You have strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Your planning and execution skills include strong analytical abilities.
- Experience Leading Continuous Improvement initiatives (Lean Manufacturing) is preferred.
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. Every role at IDEXX contributes to enhancing the health and wellbeing of pets, people, and livestock. With over 9,000 global team members, customers in over 175 countries, and a fast-growing industry – we’re always looking for motivated and inspiring people to join us.
We offer competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits. You’ll be part of a double-digit growth company in a quickly growing market and we are leading the way forward with innovative products, services, and a strong focus on our customers.
IDEXX is an EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled Veteran employer