Senior Project Manager - Environmental Permitting
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Scarborough, ME 04074
TRC Companies, Inc., is a leader in delivering professional services for public, private and government clients since the 1960s. We take an integrated approach to solving our client’s problems, harnessing unparalleled environmental, consultative, engineering and applied technology experience.
We are seeking a Senior Permitting Project Manager to join our Permitting, Planning and Licensing team. The successful candidate will report to our Scarborough or Augusta, Maine office.
Responsibilities will include the management of clients and client programs, logistical and financial management of projects and tasks, leading and supporting local, state, and federal permitting and siting efforts, and the management (informal or formal) of staff. Additional duties include supporting proposals and providing direction to team members.
- The successful applicant will be involved in a wide variety of energy-related projects including traditional power generation, renewable energy (wind/solar/storage) generation projects, electric transmission, and natural gas pipelines. Applicants will be permitting and managing projects at the federal, state, and local levels.
- The successful applicant will be able to effectively coordinate ?eld work, direct and support other technical staff, interact in the ?eld with clients, stakeholders, regulators, boards, and contractors. The candidate will also prepare, implement, and/or manage proposals, budgets, reports, schedules, reviews, safety policies, quality control and invoicing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Planning, Biology, Engineering, Ecology, Natural Resources, or related field
- 8-10+ years of post-degree experience in permitting, siting, planning, and/or project management.
- Clear and concise technical writing and communication skills are mandatory.
- Excellent data collection skills.
- Ability to manage scope, schedule, budget, quality, and project profitability while meeting client needs.
- Ability to support and lead business development efforts including preparing proposals, delivering presentations, and participating in meetings with clients.
- Applicants must have experience permitting projects at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Able to effectively coordinate field work, direct and support other technical staff, and interact with clients, stakeholders and contractors.
- Maintain a positive attitude and deliver exceptional client service and leadership, while sometimes working under aggressive schedules and with controversial projects.
- Preference will be given to applicants with New England land development and state wetlands programs, federal Clean Water Act programs, biological, marine, planning, and/or permitting experience, including: Maine Department of Environmental Protection regulations, USACE Section 404, Section 401 WQC, NEPA, FERC, BOEM, and municipal planning and zoning.
- Preference will also be given to applicants that have experience working on energy, transportation, and solar projects, as well as solid experience with Maine, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, and/or New Hampshire state and local permitting and siting.
- Successful applicants will be able to interact in the field with clients, contractors, and environmental agency representatives.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior staff and project managers to encourage their professional development.
TRC focuses on recruiting people who possess the flexibility to grow and develop with us as our markets change, in a way that works with your personal interests, strengths, and passion. We understand your career is a journey rather than a destination, and along the path you choose, we will strive to provide you with support, structure and opportunities to help you succeed. TRC offers career advancement potential and a competitive compensation package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information about TRC or to apply for this position please visit our website at
TRC is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we encourage Minorities/Female/Protected Veterans/Disabled applicants to apply.
Augusta, ME – Gabriel Drive – AUN
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled