Software Engineer: AI
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04103
Transforming the future of healthcare isn’t something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.
As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.Here at Change Healthcare, we’re using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life.If you’re ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that’s committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.
Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
The Software Engineer is a key contributor to the success of the Artificial Intelligence (AI) Medical Imaging team, the Enterprise Imaging Solutions business unit, and Change Healthcare (CHC). This individual with versatile software engineering skills will be responsible for the release of AI software toolkits. He/she will create software prototypes of AI-based medical imaging solutions and will participate in the integration of AI models into Change Healthcare next generation cloud medical imaging products. The Software engineer will also contribute to the development of the AI data pipeline, in particular the expansion of Change Healthcare image annotation capabilities.
The Enterprise Imaging AI team is responsible for creating AI enabled solutions, maintaining a culture of innovation with a startup mindset, and providing subject matter expertise for the benefit of Change Healthcare. While the AI Medical Imaging team has stakeholders throughout the business unit and Change Healthcare, it works most closely with academic and industrial partners, customers, subject matter experts, and those parts of the organization responsible for product conception, design and development, and testing. The Software Engineer will work with all stakeholders to fulfill Company’s business needs.
- Participate in the full software development life cycle from requirements analysis through test, release and maintenance
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Develop AI-based software prototypes leveraging Change Healthcare Enterprise Imaging platform
- Assist with product integration of AI solutions
- Develop web/UI applications for medical image annotation
- Assist with data collection efforts, in particular data extraction, transfer and de-identification
- Develop and manage tools and applications with database backend
- Assist with reporting and tracking of AI results
Minimum Requirement (Required):
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience in agile software development
- 1+ year experience of developing and commercializing medical software applications
Critical Skills (Required):
- 5 years of experience in Python, Java, C++, and .NET framework
- 2 years with Web service API’s
- 2 years of software development experience for public cloud such as GCP or AWS
Additional Knowledge & Skills (Preferred / Not Required):
- Knowledge of DICOM and HL7 standards
- Experience of declarative languages such as XML, JSON, and YAML
- Experience in Linux/Unix and shell scripting
- Experience in Visual Studio on Windows
- Strong written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed. Results oriented
- Cross-cultural and team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
Education / Training:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other advanced technical degree. Experience in healthcare and software development may substitute for required education.
Remote position – Limited domestic and international travel required (up to 5%).
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com “Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation” as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdfto view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Change Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment at Change Healthcare is based upon your individual merit and qualifications. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, protected veteran status or disability, genetic characteristic, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We will also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.