Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westbrook, ME 04092
As a Lean Specialist you will be coaching, mentoring, and collaborating with employees to be relentless Lean problem solvers. Utilizing knowledge of the eight wastes and other Lean tools you will be working with teams, at all levels, facilitating small to medium size projects focused on reducing waste and improving flow of products through the value stream. The ideal person for this position is currently applying lean concepts and tools daily and has been for at least 3 years.
In This Role
- Your day to day will include coaching and training leaders and front-line employees to develop a Lean culture of continuous improvement, respect for individual, discipline to standards, intolerance of waste, and reflection
- You’ll partner with staff to assess current processes and identify process improvement opportunities.
- When facilitating projects, you will work with team members to quantify potential and actual benefits in terms of quality, delivery and cost and prepare summaries and reports on work activities.
What You Will Need to Succeed
- A Bachelor of Administration or Science degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to lead change.
- Fundamental training in Lean culture and tools
- Demonstrated ability to manage small to medium size projects.
- Understanding and experience with standard Lean tools such as:
Value stream mapping, spaghetti maps and process mapping
Kanbans, supermarkets and point of use materials
Ohno circles and Gemba walks
Work center layouts, cross-training methods, batch reduction, single piece flow and demand pull
Cycle time, queue time and takt time calculations and applications
Identifying waste, error-proofing, standard work, visual management and 5S
- Ability to disassociate past practice and visualize and implement change along with the team in the face of obstacles.
- Results and action-oriented; organized; ability to deal with ambiguity; and good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work as a team player with enthusiasm.
- Ability to talk candidly and openly to affect and influence front line personnel.
- Willingness to travel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office suite including Visio and Microsoft Teams. Familiarity with SAS Analytics or Tableau a plus
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals healthy and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billons, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from disease. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 9,000 talented people.
So, what does that mean for you? We enrich the livelihood of our employees with a positive and respectful work culture that embraces challenges and encourages learning and discovery. At IDEXX, you will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement.
Let’s pursue what matters together.
IDEXX is an EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled Veteran employer