Sr Product Manager - Microbiology
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westbrook, ME 04092
Product Manager – Microbiology
What can you expect?
In this IDEXX Reference laboratory role, you’ll work with the Sr. Product Management team to develop strategy, set business goals, and lead product specific projects and launches. You understand market, the customer and customer needs to grow the business. You will work with Commercial Marketing to plan marketing and promotional activities that drive demand for your products and with Planning to match monthly supply to market demand. You will meet with Operations to ensure that current products are performing to specifications. You will also develop product roadmap and/or product positioning which includes creating, updating and maintaining the marketing materials, and developing communication strategies.
You will also work with our Sales organization to train them on new products, the value proposition and the positioning, to gather feedback from them, and help them with veterinary product related questions. You will work as marketing lead in new product development and product support teams where you will provide direction on product design, performance, positioning, registration, delivery and launch.
What do you need to succeed?
Key skills and abilities relating strong financial acumen, reasoning and analytics, project management, deep technical understanding, influencing without authority, strong communication and presentation skills, the drive and the ability to take ownership of all aspects associated with managing a product area.
- Bachelors Degree (Science or related discipline preferred), MBA or advanced degree in technology or business preferred
- Preferred: experience in microbiology, urinalysis, infectious diseases or other bacterial detection methods
- 5+ years of marketing and/or product manager experience
- Veterinary practice, animal health experience preferred; understand the workflow of a Veterinary clinic as well as Veterinary technology is preferred.
- General knowledge/experience with healthcare/diagnostic technologies
- General knowledge of marketing and product management, including product development, segmentation/targeting, product positioning/pricing and forecasting/promotion, progressing to expert level knowledge of product management practices and tools at the senior levels within this job family
IDEXX is an EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled Veteran employer