Technical Customer Care Specialist(Telemedicine)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westbrook, ME 04092
Our Telemedicine Customer Care Specialists are the direct line between IDEXX and our customers. Our highly valued team members are vital to achieving our Purpose. This role is best suited to organized, tech savvy, passionate communicators who strive to help veterinarians, veterinary technicians, and animal healthcare professionals focused on pet healthcare.
Does that sound like you? Continue reading to learn more about what we are looking for in an outstanding Telemedicine Customer Care Specialist.
In the role of a Telemedicine Customer Care Specialist
- You will respond to customer phone and other communication requests from veterinary clinics through telemedicine systems and route them to veterinary specialists for interpretation.
- You will gather information from customers and prioritize cases based on patient urgency and on-board customers.
- The position is heavily phone-based, responding to customer phone and electronic communications.
- You will research documentation, correct billing errors, resolve technical issues, compile customer info, troubleshoot problems and communicate information.
- You will ensure ongoing customer satisfaction while maintaining strong customer and specialist relationships.
- You will adhere to and model the IDEXX Purpose & Guiding Principles.
- This is a full time (40 hr/wk) position with varying hours (including Weekends & holidays) in an exciting, fast paced call center environment.
- Shifts would be between the hours of 6 am-6 pm. Reliable and dependable attendance is an essential function of the position. Adherence to attendance- related policies and expectations is critical to this position.
This position can be based out of our Clackamas, OR or Westbrook ME location. However, due to the current COVID -19 pandemic, our Telemedicine Customer Care Specialists are currently working from home fulltime. As a result of our current virtual environment, our new hire onboarding, training, and support will also be virtual wherever possible. Our employees’ safety and well-being are top of mind for us and we are continuously working with our team to ensure an engaging employee experience.
What do you need to succeed?
- You possess an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a medical discipline is preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience. Familiarity with medical terminology is a plus.
- You are experienced in a technically related field, veterinary practice, and/or contact center environment. You have a computer-oriented aptitude with basic networking and technical troubleshooting knowledge is preferred.
- You understand the technology and use of both IDEXX and our competitor teleradiology/telemedicine products.
- You are highly motivated, goal oriented and a strong collaborator and are comfortable working independently or as part of a team or with cross functional groups.
- You will be a master problem solver with a fine attention to detail. You have deductive reasoning and analytical skills to resolve issues, using your organizational skills in a multi-tasking environment.
- A proven track record of providing extraordinary customer service. Strong interpersonal skills, especially on the phone, with the ability to establish rapport quickly are equally important qualities to have.
- Superb listening and communication (verbal and written) skills, including ability to communicate complex technical issues to technical and non-technical users in a professional, positive, friendly and understandable manner, are a must in order to be a successful customer support specialist.
- You are able to meet the requirements of the call center schedule that has to meet the needs of the business and our customers, including but not limited to; being on the phone for 8 hours a day, weekend and evening hours required, ability to work a flexible work schedule, able to work overtime, and potential for travel.
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals healthy and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from diseases. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 9,000 talented people.
So, what does that mean for you? We enrich the livelihoods of our employees with a positive and respectful work culture that embraces challenges and encourages learning and discovery. At IDEXX, you will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement.
Let’s pursue what matters together.
IDEXX is an EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled Veteran employer