Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westbrook, ME 04092
Are you interested in joining IDEXX as a Laboratory Associate? This is an opportunity to be a member of the Assay Dx Research & Development organization. You will be a part of team that provide day-to-day support to high functioning Research &Development labs, perform testing and maintenance on diagnostic analyzers, and assemble materials for studies.
We have multiple openings with varying start dates through the end of the year.
What you will be doing:
- Performing laboratory tests to diagnose various pet and other animal illnesses, injuries and diseases; processing specimens, retrieving and releasing test results, and assisting in test research
- Perform a variety of instrument test protocols for new and existing products
- Responsible for general lab maintenance and overall cleanliness of lab and lab equipment
- Supports and maintains various processes, systems and databases
- Performs recordkeeping, data collection and analysis
What do you need to succeed?
High School degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Associates degree or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, standard operating procedures (SOPs), material safety data sheets (MSDSs), operating and maintenance instructions, government rules and technical procedures
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong initiative and follow through
- Attention to detail
- Written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team contributor
- Willingness to learn new skills
This position will be based out of our Westbrook location. Due to the current pandemic, as it relates to COVID-19, our employees’ safety and well-being are top of mind for us. For those essential employees that must continue to work on-site, we have strengthened the preventative health measures already in place with new, more stringent actions. This includes but is not limited to making space for social distancing, use of mask/PPE, sanitize workstations, daily wellness checks, limited traffic flow by zones, and consistent real-time communication.
- Laboratory setting with varying levels of noise and exposure to various potential chemical and biological hazards.
- Compliance with approved laboratory practices is required.
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals healthy and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from disease. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 9,000 talented people.
So, what does that mean for you? We enrich the livelihoods of our employees with a positive and respectful work culture that embraces challenges and encourages learning and discovery. At IDEXX, you will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement.
Let’s pursue what matters together.
IDEXX is an EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled Veteran employer