Senior Lab Associate - Verification and Validation
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westbrook, ME 04092
You will be joining the V&V Shared Services team responsible for supporting validation and verification activities covering multiple product lines across IDEXX’s portfolio. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, motivated and excel in a highly collaborative laboratory environment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs laboratory analyses and tests to support changes to the manufacture of on-market products
- Performs a variety of instrument test protocols for existing products
- Maintains and communicates schedules and changes in schedules
- Supports and maintains various processes, systems and databases
- Performs recordkeeping, data collection and analysis
High School diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Associates degree or equivalent preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be reliable with strong inter-personal skills, initiative and follow through.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, standard operating procedures (SOPs), material safety data sheets (MSDSs), operating and maintenance instructions, government rules and technical procedures
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a team contributor
This position will be based out of our Westbrook location. Due to the current pandemic, as it relates to COVID-19, our employees’ safety and well-being are top of mind for us. For those essential employees that must continue to work on-site, we have strengthened the preventative health measures already in place with new, more stringent actions. This includes but is not limited to making space for social distancing, use of mask/PPE, sanitize workstations, daily wellness checks, limited traffic flow by zones, and consistent real-time communication.
- May be required to work in a controlled environmental chamber at elevated temperatures and humidity
- May be exposed to laboratory bio medical waste, fumes, airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals, and will be required to wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent this
- May have the potential to be exposed to agents known to cause zoonotic disease in humans, and potentially hazardous chemicals as defined by the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard (29 CFR). A complete list of such chemicals is available from the department supervisor.
IDEXX is an EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled Veteran employer