Senior Project Manager - Reference Lab Systems
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westbrook, ME 04092
IDEXX is growing rapidly and is looking to bring on a*Sr Project Manager* to support the Reference Labs Systems team in IT. In this role, you will oversee managing high visibility projects, including scope definition, planning and execution. This includes assessment of submitted requirements, creation and communication of end-to-end project plans, clearly outlining dependencies and ownership.
IT accelerates the success of IDEXX employees and customers by providing scalable and innovative solutions and leadership. We are a global organization that supports all technology needed to deliver products and solutions to customers enabling them to focus on delivering high quality patient care. We strive to provide exceptional customer service and experience in the most efficient means possible, requiring alignment and cross-functional communication.
What you can expect
- You will help engage with other departments, to stay up to date on initiatives and updates that will impact our reporting; ensuring coordination occurs early and often.
- You will partner with execution teams to build project/work plans across multiple dependencies.
- You will have the opportunity to work on visible projects as part of a collaborative team.
- Ideally, you’ll continuously track and follow up on the different efforts and tasks, rigorously manage the scope, and prepare various analyses as needed to highlight issues, resolve questions and identify areas of risk.
What You Will Need to Succeed
- We are looking for someone who has a strong understanding and knowledge of software development with a high technical aptitude.
- You bring a proven track record of strong work ethic and self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity, and great follow through on tasks. You don’t get overwhelmed easily.
- You are innovative, extremely creative, and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize process.
- To get things done, you have experience and knowledge of engineering projects, with an in-depth working knowledge of PM lifecycle processes, including both agile and waterfall.
- People around you call you a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you’re flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- You’ve proven to be organized with excellent communications and stakeholder management skills and the ability to adapt to shifting priorities. You are analytically oriented. You have excellent judgment and decision- making skills.
- You drive results in a big way and can get things done in a highly matrix and relationship-based organization.
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals healthy and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from disease. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 9,000 talented people.
IDEXX is an EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled Veteran employer