Weld Braze Operator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Auburn, ME 04210
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Smart Power is a global technology leader, with solutions that make power supplies smart, connected and protected. Its intelligent solutions make power more competitive by improving the energy efficiency, productivity and reliability of almost any operation.
Manufacturing at ABB ranges from assembly of customized industrial robots to advanced production of electrical switches and breakers. The innovative products we make, drive the world’s largest ships, connect remote renewable power sources with consumers, and automate complex industrial processes.
The role reports to the Manufacturing Quality Leader and is located in Auburn, Maine. As a Weld Braze Operator, you will responsible to performing each of the tasks below in a safe and timely manner. The Operator must focus on quality as well as productivity.
- Inspect, measure, or test completed metal workpieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using measuring and testing devices.
- Read blueprints or production schedules to determine product or job instructions or specifications.
- Assemble, align, and clamp workpieces into holding fixtures to bond, heat-treat, or solder fabricated metal components.
- Set up, operate, or tend to machines that join or bond components to fabricate metal products or assembles.
- Correct problems by adjusting controls or by stopping machines and opening holding devices.
- Give directions to other workers regarding machine set up and use.
- Clean, lubricate, maintain, and adjust equipment to maintain efficient operation, using air hoses, cleaning fluids, and hand tools.
- Remove completed workpieces or parts from machinery, using hand tools.
- Select work from SAP production schedule and perform confirmation transactions.
- Perform repetitive heavy lifting.
- This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks and/or responsibilities that may be assigned or reassigned at any time.
- This job description is subject to change at any time.
- High School Diploma / GED and 6 month to 1 year of relevant experience.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Good safety, attendance and performance record.
- Able to interpret shop blueprints.
- Able to interpret MOSs.
- Able to do arithmetic and basic shop math.
- Use standard measuring instruments.
- Work with minimum supervision.
- Communicate effectively.
- Works well with others.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB Inc.
ABB Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: