Maintenance Software Engineer (Remote)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Yarmouth, ME 04096
This is a programming position that is dedicated to providing post-release software troubleshooting and defect remediation. The Maintenance Software Engineer provides a second level of technical escalation for client issues and can therefore have an immediate impact on customer satisfaction by resolving complex issues quickly and accurately.
- Performs maintenance coding (i.e., bug-fixing) on existing Tyler systems applications.
- Provides technical support to the support team and project management in order to troubleshoot end-user application program problems.
- Provides feedback to the development organization, as necessary, regarding common programming errors that are identified.
- Efficiently and accurately diagnose and resolve a broad array of high priority software defects as they are escalated through client support, implementation, and project management.
- Effectively communicate with other parts of the organization when issue details are unclear, work quickly to find the underlying cause of an issue, and then formulate and implement a solution.
- Provide a level of root cause analysis to identify problematic areas in an application that could be enhanced to prevent future client issues.
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- BS/BA degree preferred or equivalent technology experience.
- Knowledge of best practices, procedures and software of agile development lifecycles
- General experience or knowledge of business concepts/processes, relational database concepts, software design concepts, and database modeling.
- Solid understanding of a software project life cycle and associated methodologies.Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent problem solving skills, and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively work with clients’ business issues.
- Proficiency in the following areas:C.#
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.