Registered Nurse Case Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bangor, ME 04401
Why Join the Amedisys Family?
We are a growing company that values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills and experience and offers opportunities for growth. Join more than 14,000 team members who help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality home health, hospice and private duty care at home.
Unique clinical environment:
Care for patients one-on-one in home environment with flexibility in scheduling
Culture of teamwork:
Shine on your own, with the support of a multi-disciplinary team
Continuing education and training, tuition assistance, technology and more
Professional development to build skills and opportunities to advance
Progressive, stable company with 30 years of experience in delivering care at home and commitment to clinical excellence
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do:
Provides, coordinates, and directs the provision of home nursing care according to physician’s orders based on agency policies and procedures, through the competent application of the nursing process.
- Demonstrates knowledge of home care and competency in discipline specific patient care skills, required by the care center for the provision of patient care.
- May be assigned RN visits as member of care team, and/or may be required to supervise a patient caseload, including LPN’s and HHA’s.
- Performs patient comprehensive assessments, as assigned, and collaborates with patient multi-disciplinary care team (PT, OT, ST, MSW and paraprofessionals) and other health care professionals to develop/modify and implement an individualized plan of care as per physician orders that ensures quality, proper discharge planning and achieves desired outcomes and goals.
- Helps to achieve and maintain continuity of patient care by communicating information (for example, changes in the plan of care, new orders, lab results, etc) timely, effectively and systematically with all team members providing care to the patient. Facilitates interdisciplinary communication and follow-up through care coordination on assigned patients and/or caseload of patients for duration they are on service.
- Provides patient episode management per company protocol.
- Makes referrals to other disciplines as indicated by the patient’s needs or documents rationale for not doing so.
- Utilizes a combination of care center resources and rationally recognizes standards of practice to achieve positive clinical outcomes.
- Participates in clinical outcomes monitoring, follow up and care center performance improvement initiatives.
- Initiates, plans and provides staff education and performs competency and skills validation for staff as needed.
- Utilizes accepted company teaching materials in patient/family education.
- Regularly communicates patient progress to the clinical manager.
- Completes documentation timely, accurately, and at the point of care, according to industry standards, conventions and guidelines, including OASIS assessments, SOC/Admissions, Recertifications, ABN’s, subsequent visits, physician orders, care coordination, etc.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) documents the following: The mutual recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have one license (in his or her state of residency) and to practice in other states (both physical and electronic), subject to each state’s practice law and regulation. Nurses must legally reside in a NLC state to be eligible to have a multi-state license.
- One (1+) year of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse (RN). If less than 1 year clinical experience as a RN, candidate must be approved by VP Clinical.
- Current CPR certification.
- Able to assess patient status and identify requirements relative to age specific needs.
- Must be familiar with general use and functions of the computer, such as, user names and password concepts; internet; e-mail; navigation of computer desktop, including starting programs, using files, and windows, effectively use navigation buttons and tool bars; ability to self-manage online HR services and online training programs.
Frequent degree of travel. Home visits. Periodic office meetings. Must have reliable transportation, current driver’s license, and agency-required liability insurance.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
• Paid Time Off/Holidays
• Health benefits (medical, dental, vision); health spending account
• 401 (K) plan; employee stock purchase plan available
• Continuing education
• Fleet car for eligible employees
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.