Facilities Maintenance Worker CL2 for Athletic Pla
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Gorham, ME 04038
Facilities Maintenance Worker CL2 for Athletic Playing Fields
Grounds – PGRDS
Serv & Maint
Salary Band/Wage Band:
A12, Step 2, $13.26
Primarily Nights and Weekends – Specific shifts TBD depending on surface needs
Statement of Job:
If you have experience in athletic playing surface and facility maintenance, then check out this opportunity! The University of Southern Maine is searching for an individual to join our Facilities Management team as a Facilities Maintenance Worker CL2. Directly working on and maintaining athletic grounds and playing surfaces, this position is primarily assigned to our Gorham Campus athletic facilities. This is a full time regular position that is core to USM’s ability to deliver an exceptional and affordable educational experience to students in Maine and across the country; AND an opportunity for you to advance your education with our tuition waiver program!
Pay is $13.26 per hour (plus .40/hour shift differential on applicable shifts) and offers a highly competitive benefits package that includes: vacation, sick and holiday pay, health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, a tuition waiver program for employees and their spouse or dependent child(ren), a 403(b) retirement plan and more.
The primary work schedule will be based on the seasonal demands of our athletic facilities. Nights and weekends for Ice Arena maintenance and coverage will be required.
We live our USM Service Promise of Student Focused Every Day and we are looking for a team member who demonstrates a commitment to this promise each and every day, and who supports our values: Respect & Care, Integrity, Equity and Responsiveness.
We are the University of Everyone – committed to building a culturally diverse team of leaders, faculty and staff. We welcome applicants who are multilingual. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Statement of Job: The Facilities Maintenance Worker coordinates and participates in routine work assignments which may include general field and playing surface maintenance and/or equipment upkeep and repair. This position will be assigned to athletic playing surfaces primarily on the Gorham campus for event coverage, projects, and facility maintenance. This position will be part of a strong and cohesive team that supports the University’s student focused every day mission.
Essential Job Functions (include but not limited to):
- Complete day to day tasks to contribute toward the functionality of our athletic playing surfaces (ice sheet maintenance, cleaning, snow removal, grounds maintenance, etc).
- Provide on-site event coverage as needed for a variety of events that take place on playing surfaces (baseball, softball, lacrosse, field hockey, soccer, basketball, track, ice hockey, external rentals, etc.)
- Perform regular maintenance and upkeep on a variety of playing surfaces.
- Complete in-house preventative maintenance of playing surfaces (turf, floor finishing, ice out, etc.).
- High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) AND sufficient experience, including one year of related work experience.
- Valid State of Maine driver’s license that meets requirements to operate University vehicles and equipment.
- Knowledgebase and ability to perform physical work associated with athletic maintenance and event support.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Effective customer service and communication skills.
Want to know more about employment, benefits and local resources? Our webpage has additional information to help you become more familiar with developing a new career at USM as well as exploring everything the Greater Southern Maine area has to offer.
Materials must be submitted via “Apply to Job”. You will need to create an applicant profile, complete an application which includes contact information for three professional references.
All required materials must be submitted by October 25, 2020.
Appropriate background screening will be conducted for the successful candidate.
Work Year Calendar:
Fiscal Year (12 Months)
The University of Southern Maine is an EEO/AA employer, and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information or veteran’s status in employment, education, and all other programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Sarah E. Harebo, Director of Equal Opportunity, 101 North Stevens Hall, University of Maine, Orono, ME 04469-5754, 207.581.1226, TTY 711 (Maine Relay System).