Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04102
• Perform electrical/ mechanical maintenance, repairs and installation for equipment and facilities
• Troubleshoot and repair electrical / electronic and programmable equipment
• Understand equipment schematics (English and foreign)
• Ability to use electrical, electronic and programmable controller testing and diagnosing equipment
• Ability to do some basic circuit design as part of repair and installation procedures
• Install electrical utilities, meeting all state, local and federal codes
• Working knowledge of lockout/ tagout procedures and appropriate OSHA standards
• Mechanical troubleshooting and repair capabilities are a plus
• Inspect /clean tanks and lines in machines and equipment
• Support and work with production departments’ and engineering personnel to continually improve Division TPM program
• Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unsafe & unusual conditions to supervisor with improvement suggestions
• Maintain necessary records
• Maintain, repair and add lighting systems throughout the plant and office area per NFPA /NEC code.
• Maintain outside lighting per NFPA and NEC code.
• Maintain, monitor, repair and adjust HVAC, makeup air and exhaust systems all 480 volt or less throughout plant in office areas both inside and outside on roof of building.
• Monitor and adjust energy management systems for HVAC units
• Design, bend and install conduit systems for various needs and pull conductors with various tools per NFPA / NEC code.
• Install data, phone, and camera system cabling and terminations as needed to support I.T.
• Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition
• Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations and maintain quality standards
• Train and mentor less experienced co –workers
• Work with Engineering to rebuild, design, and upgrade new existing equipment.
• Adhere to strict safety and cleanliness standards.